Desktop publishing- Illistrations
posted by Caralynn93 .
1. Since they’re partners in communication, an illustration should
A. appear in a darker shade or color than text.
B. appear in a lighter shade or color than text.
C. be near its related text.
D. feature a thin, dark border.
2. Graphic Designer A says that a halftone is an image created
from a photograph and is comprised of a pattern of tiny dots.
Graphic Designer B says that a halftone is an illustration
made up of distinct black and white areas. Which graphic
designer is correct?
A. Graphic designer A only
B. Graphic designer B only
C. Both graphic designers
D. Neither graphic designer
3. A graphic symbol that distinctly represents an organization is
A. chart. C. screen.
B. logo. D. reverse.
4. Which of the following statements relating to the placement of art in documents
A. Separating text from its related graphics helps guide the reader’s eye across a large
area of the document.
B. Many nonfiction books and magazines provide a short description near each
illustration called a caption or cutline.
C. White space between text and its accompanying illustration is wasted space.
D. Graphic designers should try to avoid bleeding illustrations out of columns and
5. Which of the following factors would cause you to rule out the use of a particular
illustration in an electronic document?
A. The illustration’s lines are thin and light, indicating that it will reproduce poorly.
B. The illustration exists on paper rather than in computer format.
C. The original illustration is too large to fit into the space available in your document.
D. The illustration is copyright-free or in the public domain.
6. As a graphic designer, you’ll refer to a line as which of the following?
A. Frame C. Point
B. Border D. Rule
7. Illustrations that are converted from paper to electronic format are usually
A. clipped. C. scanned.
B. versoed. D. pasted.
8. Crop marks are used on an illustration to indicate to the printer the
A. area of the illustration to reproduce.
B. center point of the illustration.
C. position of type in illustrations.
D. position of screens, fills, and patterns.
9. An image that has been saved in Tagged Image File Format (or .TIF) is
A. readable only by Windows personal computers.
B. readable by both Windows and Macintosh computers.
C. an Encapsulated PostScript format imitation.
D. a recto format readable only by Macintosh computers.
10. You can use this effect to break a color into a percentage of its full strength.
A. Reverse C. Color wheel
B. Drop out D. Screen
108 Examination11. Which of the following statements about the placement of illustrations in documents
A. Since people tend to read from the top left to bottom right on a page, placing
illustrations in these positions helps guide readers through the text.
B. Everyone reads differently, so the placement of illustrations has little effect on
C. Runarounds are viewed by professional desktop publishers as an old-fashioned
technique and are therefore rarely used in high-quality documents.
D. Since people tend to read from the top right to bottom left on a page, placing
illustrations in these positions helps guide the reader through the text.
12. To use files from Adobe Illustrator, a page layout program must be able to import
A. bitmapped graphics. C. photographs.
B. SWF files. D. .EPS files.
13. In publishing terms, the word tone refers to a
A. color’s original pigment. C. color’s brightness.
B. color’s PMS number. D. primary color.
14. Which of the following statements about computer graphics formats is true?
A. Computer graphics formats are universally compatible with any graphic
B. Unlike word processing programs, computer graphics formats can be interchanged
on most systems.
C. You may need a utility program to convert graphics to a format compatible with
D. Graphics formats can’t be converted to different formats.
15. Which of the following is an effective general rule for cropping illustrations?
A. Crop close to the main subject.
B. Crop one inch more than the desired borders.
C. Use illustrations only in their original size.
D. It’s easier to crop an illustration manually than electronically.
16. Ready-made artwork that can be imported into your documents is called _______ art.
A. line C. verso
B. clip D. scanned
17. A frame used to produce a three-dimensional effect in four-sided figures is called a
A. drop shadow. C. half-box.
B. border piece. D. cutline.
Examination 10918. Illustrations contribute greatly to the overall _______ of most publications.
A. size C. color
B. quality D. caption
19. Which of the following statements correctly expresses the legal aspects of using
illustrations in your publications?
A. You can’t use a graphic image without printing a credit line.
B. You can’t use a copyrighted graphic image without permission from its owner.
C. Software companies that manufacture clip-art disks usually require that you pay a
fee each time you use a graphic image in a publication.
D. Software companies that manufacture clip-art disks usually require that you print a
credit line each time you use a graphic image in a publication.
20. A graph that features bars rising from a baseline is called a
A. horizontal bar graph. C. line graph.
B. moving bar chart. D. vertical bar graph.
Just need these answers and i graduate, Please help:)