posted by Matthew .
Can you please check these sentences on history? Thank you, Writeacher.
1) Richard was succeeded by his younger brother John I, called Lacklan because he lost Normandy and most of his French territories.
2) He levied higher taxes an his policy (of heavy taxation) met with fierce resistance by the feudal nobility, the citizens of London an the high clergy. In 1215 King John was finally forced to grant the Magna Carta, or 'Great Chart of Liberty', recognizing some fundamental principles of freedom for his people.
3) Magna Carta was made law in 1225,written in both French and English.
4) At John's eath, his son Hnery III became king at the age of nine.
Parliament was still much of a feudal assembly composed of nobles an high clergy alone.
5) But in the years 1264-65, two representatives from each borough were also called to Parliament: this was the beginning of the future House of Commons. In 1295 Edward I called the 'Model Parliament' in order to get taxes for his wars.
1. comma after 'brother'
2. Please read this one aloud and fix the little things!
3. 'The' at the beginning of the sentence. Space after the comma.
4. Read aloud ...
5. Capital 'T" after the colon, since that's the beginning of a complete sentence.