posted by Matthew .
Ms Sue, here is the second and last part, concerning Stevenson's biography. Thank you very much for helping me.
1) Robert Louis Stevenson was born in Edinburgh in 1850. He spent most of his childhood in bed because of his poor health and grew up under the influence of his family’s Calvinism.
2) In his adolescence he travelled extensively in search of a more friendly climate. He took up engineering at University following in his father’s footsteps (I need a synonym) but he later gave it up and graduated in law in 1875.
3) He rejected his social environment, the respectable Victorian world, especially his family’s religious principles, becoming one of the first examples of bohemian writers.After he graduated, he devoted himself to writing.
4) He became popular as a novelist in the 1880s. He published The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in 1886. He died of a brain haemorrhage in 1894.
Plot. The story is told from the point of view of Mr. Utterson, a London lawyer and friend to the brilliant scientist, Dr Henry Jekyll.
5) After relating a disturbing tale of an angry fiend assaulting a small girl, Utterson begins to question the odd behavior of his friend. Actually, his friend has created a potion capable to release his evil side, Mr. Hyde.
6) Once Hyde is released, he achieves domination over the Jekyll aspect so that the individual is left in front of two choices.
7) On one hand, the man may choose a life of crime and depravity, or, on the other hand, the Jekyll aspect must eliminate Hyde by killing him. He eventually opts for the second choice.
what does the novel take place???