posted by Mia .
When I said the realizar in my earlier post, I was trying to ask if she liked to see them perform-I thought realizar was to perform which obviously it wasn't.
If possible could you tell me what "to perform" would be in Spanish
Thank you again for checking the conversation earlier and I will put the accent over the (o's) in acrobats-like I said I took them out because I thought that was why I couldn't submit it when it kept saying not to post URL
I'll email her your question, but there are no guarantees.
to perform = ejecutar
but in a theatre = representar
for a machine = funcionar
Here's my "lesson" on how to use a dictionary.
1. take en English word (perform), look it up in a good bilingual dictionary and 2. WRITE DOWN every Spanish word there.
3. NOW, look up EACH Spanish word for the primary English word.
4. Select the BEST word, depending upon CONTEXT or exactly how the word is used.
1. to perform
2. ejecutar, representar, funcionar
3. a) to execute; to perform
b) to represent; show, express; state, declare; act, perform, play
c) to function
Some Spanish dictionaries online:
Thank you for the info-that will be really helpful in the future