college alg

posted by .

A particular style of shoes costs the dealer $97 per pair. At what price should the dealer mark them so he can sell them at a 10% discount off the selling price and still make a 30%profit?

  • college alg -

    let selling price be x

    .9x = 1.3(97)
    x = 126.1/.9 = 140.11

    check
    marked selling price = 140.11
    actual selling price = .9(140.11) = 126.10

    profit = 126.10-97 = 29.10
    percentage of profit based on cost price
    = 29.10/97 = .29998969
    = 30%

  • college alg -

    i wanted to ask where did u get .9x from and 1.3 from

  • college alg -

    A 10% discount means to take away 10% , leaving 90% or .9

    a 30 % profit is 100% + 30% = 130% = 1.3

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. math

    Two automobile dealers, A and B, had the same car which was listed at $18,000. Dealer A offered a $1200 rebate and would negotiate a further 8% discount after rebate. Dealer B offered an 8% discount and would negotiate a further $1200 …
  2. math

    Two automobile dealers, A and B, had the same car which was listed at $18,000. Dealer A offered a $1200 rebate and would negotiate a further 8% discount after rebate. Dealer B offered an 8% discount and would negotiate a further $1200 …
  3. Math

    A merchant buys cloth at $1.60 per yard. At what price per yard should he list the cloth so that he may sell it at a discount of 20% from the list price and still make a profit of 20% of the SALE PRICE?
  4. Math

    Plz help me to solve this question A dealer buys a sofa set for rs24000.at what price must he mark it so that after allowing a discount of 20%,he still makes a profit of 30%
  5. college algebra

    if a computer cost and electronics dealer $300 and she sell them for $800 what is her rate of Profit based on the selling price
  6. maths

    A dealer allows a discount of 10% on the market price .How much above the cost price must he mark his goods to make a profit of 8%?
  7. Math

    An auto dealer paid $ 4195.25 for a large order of special parts. This was not the original price. The amount paid reflects a 3% discount off the original price because the dealer paid cash. What was the original price of the parts?
  8. algebra

    A particular style of sunglasses costs the retailer $80 per pair. At what price should the retailer mark them so he can sell them at a 20% discount off the selling price and still make 30% profit on his cost?
  9. Business Math

    Craig runs a business importing shoes from Italy and selling them in Namibia. For the below questions (a – g), rounds your answers to cents (two decimal places). a) If the Euro / Namibian dollar exchange rate is € 1 = N$ 13.90 …
  10. Math 6th Grade

    A pair of running shoes cost $22.29.The store owner wanted to make a profit of $18.50.What should be the shoes' selling price?

More Similar Questions