College Hca 210
posted by Karen
Write a 350- to 700-word paper on one of the following laws: HIPAA (1996) or EMTALA (1986). Pretend you are a health care manager employed at a small community hospital responsible for educating your staff about HIPAA (1996) or EMTALA (1986). Include the following in your paper:
• Describe the law and its purpose.
• Explain how it is enacted. For example, is it enacted by the state or federal government?
• What are some key facts every employee should know about the law?
• What are the consequences of the organization or the employee for failing to abide by the law?
• How do these regulations effect the management of employees, resources, patients, and health care?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Please note that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over what YOU THINK and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think.