posted by Henry2 .
I'm including the other sentences.
Thank you very much.
1) Death would be preferable to life's suffering if man was not scared by the thought of what there may be beyond it.
2) Death would be more desirable than earthly sorrow if man was not afraid by the thought of an afterlife.
3) It is this that makes cowards of men and takes away the will to act.
4) It is the fear of something after death that makes men hesitate and prevents man from acting.
5) What is the meaning of cowardice as expressed by Hamlet in his soliloquy?
#s 1 and 2 are very wordy. Rephrase without extraneous words.