posted by JK .
Vinegar (by Roger McGough)
i feel like a priest
in a fish and chips queue
as the vinegar runs through
how nice it would be
to buy supper for two
Poem for Roger McGough (by Adrian Henri)
A nun in a supermarket
standing in the queue
Wondering what it’s like
To buy groceries for two.
1. What is the effect of letting a priest be the main character of this poem?
2. Message: what does Roger McGough want to express in his poem?
3. In what way can this poem be seen as a comment to Roger McGough’s poem?
4. What is the message of this poem?
5. Which of the two poems do you think is better and why?