posted by Anonymous .
1. Regarding solutions and solids, which statement is true?
A. If the solvent is water, the crystal lattice energy of a solid is absorbed.
B. Hydration energy is related to the attractions between solute particles. (My Answer)
C. If the solvent is water, the crystal lattice energy of a solid is released.
D. Hydration energy is related to the attractions between solvent particles.
2. Avogadro’s number gives us the number of
A. atoms in any element or compound.
B. particles in a mole of any element or compound.
C. atoms in an element.(My answer)
D. particles in a sample.
3. A chemical formula containing the simplest whole-number ratio between elements in a
compound is called the _______ formula.
A. derivative C. composition ratio
B. composition D. empirical
4. Which one of the following statements is correct?
A. Solubility of solids and liquids is affected by randomness and temperature.(My answer)
B. Increasing temperature and lowering pressure maximizes the solubility of a gas in a
C. Energy has no affect on solubility.
D. When a solid dissolves, the attractive forces are weakened, and entropy decreases.
5. For which of the following must the empirical formula be written with only one subscript?
A. C6H6 C. C2H6 (My answer)
B. C5H12 D. H2O2
6. Regarding electrolytes, all of the following statements are true except for which one?
A. Covalent bonds, such as those of sugar, make weak electrolytes in solution. (My Answer)
B. Ionic compounds often form strong electrolytes when in solution.
C. Ammonia is a weak electrolyte because it produces few mobile ions.
D. Mobile ions formed as a result of dissociation cause solutions to conduct electricity.
7. The equation for an equilibrium reaction is A + B AB. Following Le Chatelier’s
principle, if the concentration of “A” is increased, then
A. stress and equilibrium are not affected.
B. the equilibrium shifts to the left.
C. the eqilibrium shifts to the right.
D. a smaller concentration of products is formed (My Answer)