English, Critical Thinking Part 2

posted by .

This is regarding the same article by Stiglitz.

Define and discuss the term "ideology" as related to the article.
Explain the ideology in the article.

  • English, Critical Thinking Part 2 -

    http://www.answers.com/ideology

    Also look up the term here:
    http://www.dictionary.com
    http://www.onelook.com

  • English, Critical Thinking Part 2 -

    Okay, I have my definition.
    Now I need help with discussing the ideology in the article.

  • English, Critical Thinking Part 2 -

    Make sure you have read the article more than once -- probably more than twice!

    First you need to identify the primary ideology used in the article. Then find several (preferably 3+) places in the article to use as examples/details that support your identification of the ideology.

    Only you can do this.

  • English, Critical Thinking Part 2 -

    Okay, here's what I came up with by breaking the argument down:

    Prmise 1: All people posses self interest and are dependent on each other.

    Premise 2: The top 1% posses a high self interest.

    Conclusion: Thus the top 1% are dependent on the other 99%.

    Therefore the ideology being discussed involves understanding the concept of self interest properly understood.

    Is that correct?

  • I need more HELP! -

    Please look at the acticle in the Critical Thinking post about Stiglitz and then answer the question. Also look at my above attempt and provide feedback. Thank you

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. ss

    name each of the articles of confederatrion?
  2. college

    Article Review: Each Student is responsible for finding 2 substantial articles regarding Accounting Information Systems issues or directions and writing an opinion paper up to 2 pages long for each article. Grading for the review is …
  3. finding online article

    I need help finding an article online. It has to be on biomedical engineering related or science related. And the article has to talk about 3D or 2D or 2.5D imaging methods. I found a 2D and 3D article. But I can't find one about a …
  4. critical thinking

    i have to read an article"Controlling Irrational fears after 9/11" how do i identify two arguments in the article and outline the premises and the conclusion of each argument
  5. English, Critical Thinking

    PLEASE HELP. I have this essay due tomorrow. I need help with the following: I have to critique the following article and write an essay. But first I need help identifyine Fallacies and the Types of evidence present. Then state whether …
  6. MLA format English

    . An article accessed through a library data base by May Gottchalk titled Reconsidering Dyslexia. The article was published in the May 24, 2002, issue of Education Matters and you retrieved the article using Wilson Select on November …
  7. English 11

    when writing a summary of an article what are other ways to let others know that you are talking about the article besides saying the article says this______ or the article is this______?
  8. American Government

    What is ideology and what are the 2 basic ideologies that shape American political behavior?
  9. English help

    the date, time, and location of a robbery would most likely be included in?
  10. English Poetry

    Define parts of Speech for Jabberwocky I'm on stanza 2 Please check: Beware(v) the(article) Jabberwock(Noun) my (adj) son (noun) The (article) jaws (n) that (pronoun) bite (verb), the(article) claws (noun) that(pronoun) catch (verb) …

More Similar Questions