posted by Henry2 .
I forgot to include the following sentences. Thank you.
1) After 1653, even that one-house Parliament was dissolved and the country was under Cromwell’s direct rule. Officially he was given the title of Lord Protector.
2) Despite his victorious military campaigns he introduced unpopular restrictions on everyday life, such as, for example, the closing of the theatres in 1642 for their supposed immorality.
3) Copernicus’s scientific discoveries were then supported by Galileo Galilei and Johannes Kepler, who contributed to putting forward a new model of the universe
4) Like the new science, philosophy rejected the old deductive method in favour of the inductive method, according to which general truths resulted from particular facts.
5) This meant that sense experience was more important in the establishing the truth than traditionally accepted ideas.
6)A witch-hunt was organized first in Denmark then in Scotlnd to find the witches, who had attempted James's and Anne's lives.
Re-read and double-check by reading your sentences aloud.
Then choose the 3 or 4 you have the greatest concerns about.