posted by Tina .
Each of the follwing sentences need to be re-written so they are grammatically correct, also they each have one grammaitical error such as subject-verb agrrement, run on sentence, verb form and tense or sentence fragment. please help
1. The bank robber escaped from the bank. With some money.
2. That brand of car goes very fast, which is why many people wants them.
3. Grammar quizzes can be tough there is a lot to learn it is hard to remember I find that it gets easier.
4. Can I call you back? I am try to escape from the giant monster attacking the warehouse.
We'll be glad to HELP you.
1. Sentence fragment.
Correction: The bank robber escaped from the bank with some money.
Please post your answers for the other sentences, and we'll check them for you.
correction: That brand of car goes very fast; which is why many people want them.
Grammar quizzes can be tough. There is a lot to learn, and remember. I find that it gets easier with practice.
4.subject verb agreement
Can I call you back? I am trying to escape from the giant monster attacking the warehouse.
Are the answers above correct? Please help.
With one exception, you corrections are fine.
Your reasons for each one, however, are not correct -- not any of them.
2. You're right to change wants to want. However, it is not a run-on sentence. It's a complex sentence with an independent and a dependent clause.
3. I don't see any verb tense error. You're right to break this run-on into separate sentences.
4. Your correction is right, but it's a verb tense problem, not a subject-verb agreement problem.
In addition to what Ms. Sue has told you, there should NOT be a semicolon in #2. How will you fix that?