posted by mary .
The Fast Delivery Service submitted the transactions given below. Analyze these business transactions.
a. On October 1st, Joseph took $25,000 from personal savings and deposited the amount to open a business checking account in the name of Fast Delivery Service.
b. On October 2nd, Joseph took two telephones valued at $200 each from his home and transferred them to the business as office equipment.
c. On October 4th, Fast Delivery Service issued check no. 101 for $3,000 to buy a computer system.
d. On October 9th, Fast Delivery Service bought a used truck on account from North Shore Auto for $12,000.
1. In your notebook, prepare a T account for each account.
2. Analyze and record each of the following business transactions in the appropriate T accounts.
3. Identify each transaction by number.
4. After recording all transactions, compute and record the account balance on the normal balance side of each T account.
5. Add the balances of the accounts with normal debit balances.
6. Add the balance of the accounts with normal credit balance.
7. Compare the two totals.
You might want to keep some of these accounting tutorials handy:
balance of the accounts with normal credit balance
Joseph - capital $25,400
Accounts payable $12,000