posted by Henry1 .
Can you please check if the following sentences are grammatical? Thank you.
(especially questions 1-2)
1) Outline T.S. Eliot’s poetic theory as expressed in his essay Tradition and individual talent.
2) Outline T.S.Eliot's poetic theory and then draw a comparison with Wordsworth's definition of poetry.
3) French Symbolists stressed the importance of the unconscious and the use of images to evoke rather than state. Ideas were presented in an oblique way and free verse was used to exploit the sound and musicality of words.
4)It was T.S. Eliot who expounded the new poetic theory and practice.
In his essay Tradition and the Individual Talent (1917), Eliot stated that poetry should not be the expression of a subjective emotion but an escape from it.
5) He therefore reversed what had been Wordsworth’s definition of poetry as “emotion recollected in tranquillity”.
6) Poets not only rejected the poetic diction of the past but also tried to avoid the language of common people. They invented their own vocabulary and mythology to voice the fragmentation of culture.
2. add comma after "theory" -- this is a compound sentence.
3. commas needed
4. oommas needed; quotation marks around the title of the essay (not including the date in parentheses unless it's part of Eliot's title.
6. comma needed