posted by Leslie .
My last set of Questions:
Match the part of speech for each word.
c. antecedent ????
1. I read Moby Dick and Wuthering Heights last semester.
a. read = f. verb
b. last = d. adjective
c. and = h. conjunction
2. My brother was discharged and will follow up next week.
a. my = b. pronoun
b. will follow up = ????
3. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, which is why we call it the present.
a. Yesterday = a. noun
b. tomorrow = a. noun
c. gift = a. noun
d. call = f. verb
e. it = b. pronoun
i. present = a. noun (?adjective)
4. We always eat fish on Fridays.
a. always = e. adverb
b. on = g. conjunction
Thank You - Let you know how I do.
2. my = correct; will follow up = the verb, yes. This is an example of what are called Phrasal Verbs: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/phrasals.htm
3. correct; and yes, "present" is a noun.
4. "on" is not a conjunction.
Carelessness gets you every time!
If you look I put in the correct letter- g. but wrote the wrong thing.
on = preposition.
Thank you again Writeacher - it has been a long week - started this module May 2 - and with Jiskha May 8th.
I am going to submit the test tomorrow am -
Have a good week-end.
You, too, Leslie!