posted by surfsupmel .
1. In The Miracle Worker, when Helen touches her cheek she is trying to ask for
A. a sweet.
B. her mother.
D. a drink.
2. In a play, when the protagonist encounters an obstacle,
A. the exposition begins.
B. the climax begins.
C. conflict occurs.
D. the denouement occurs.
3. In The Miracle Worker, the Kellers allow Annie and Helen to live alone for two weeks because they
A. believe that their interference creates too many obstacles.
B. trust Annie to care for Helen as they would.
C. fear that Helen will otherwise have to enter an institution.
D. need peace and quiet.
4. The climax of The Miracle Worker occurs when
A. Annie subdues Helen in the garden house.
B. the Kellers agree to give Annie and Helen the garden house.
C. Helen eats from her own plate with a spoon.
D. Helen understands the sign for water.
5. All of the following words are archaic EXCEPT
6. In The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, in the balcony scene Juliet says
What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face. . . .
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet.
What does she mean?
A. Montague is an unimportant name in Verona.
B. Romeo should take her last name when they marry.
C. Romeo's name is an accident of birth, not an essential part of himself.
D. It is wrong to fall in love with a Montague.
7. In The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, why doesn't Romeo want to fight Tybalt at first?
A. Romeo is a coward.
B. Romeo is now related to Tybalt by marriage.
C. Romeo thinks that Mercutio has a better chance of beating Tybalt.
D. Romeo is on his way to marry Juliet.
8. In The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, Juliet encounters more conflicts and problems. How does her character change?
A. She runs away from her problems.
B. She becomes weaker and threatens suicide.
C. She becomes more self-confident and pushes away her elders.
D. She confesses that her life with Romeo is ill-fated and wants to leave him.
9. In The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, the audience knows that Juliet is alive. The scene in which the Capulets, the nurse, and Paris bemoan her death is an illustration of
A. dramatic irony.
B. a complication in the plot.
C. a soliloquy.
D. comic relief.
10. At the end of The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, both families plan to
A. go into seclusion.
B. punish the friar for his sin.
C. hold combined funeral services.
D. erect a memorial to the lovers.
#5 is the only that is correct???
Omg did i get all those wrong?!
No, #5 is the only one I know the answer to!! And it's correct.
I don't know about the others because I haven't read those works.
Lol oh okay thank you
No need to worry I checked all of them and their all correct. Love this website, how to cheat 101