posted by Tommy .
Combined the sentences by changing the italicized word group to an infinitvie or infinitive phrase
(italicized word group)
1. The journalist took a job in the hotel. (This way he would get facts for an article. )
2. Bob used raspberry flavor in the cod liver oil. (It masks the taste of the medicine.)
3. John bought a black cate. (In this way, he proved he wasn't superstitious.)
4. It doesn't always save time (if someone is doing something in a hurry)
5. The weather bureau uses balloons. (They determine the temperature aloft)
We'll be glad to check your answers.
Study the first section here and then try your sentences. Re-post when you're ready. One of us will check your sentences for you.
It doesn't always save time to do something in a hurry.
The journalist took a job in the hotel to get facts for an article.
Bob used raspberry flavor in the cod oil to mask the taste of the medicine.
John bought a black cat to prove he wasn't superstitious.
Those are right.
We all made an effort to work harder.
Identify the phrase in bold.