Math(Please, please help)
posted by Hannah .
Compute the maximum product for two positive numbers x and y with the property that the sum of the first plus five times the second is 5000.
1) Indicate the objective equation
2) Indicate the constraint equation
So the objective = f(x)=xy and the constraint = x+5y=5000
Now number 3 says rewrite the objective function in terms of the variable x only. Would it be y=x?
4) For which value of x does the objective function attain its maximum? Do I have to take the derivative?
5) What is the corresponding value of y
6) What is the vale of the maximum product of the two numbers?
Nevermind, my question was answered already. Thank you.