posted by bre .
a.Which statement about lynchings in the South in the 1890s is true?
1. Lynchings decreased compared to the Reconstruction era.
2. Leaders of lynch mobs tended to come from the wealthy ruling class.
3. Lynchings and acts of violence against blacks increased dramatically.
4. The federal government began to aggressively attempt to end lynchings.
b.Legacies of Reconstruction in the South included all of the following EXCEPT:
Answer 1. a hopeful beginning, but disappointing outcomes for African-Americans.
2. a foundation of reform that would be built upon by later generations of blacks.
3. breaking the rigid social hierarchy that existed among southern whites.
4. the beginning of a long period of segregation in the South.
c.All of the following statements about sharecropping are true EXCEPT:Answer 1. sharecroppers generally gave up 50% of their crop to landlords.
2. it forced southern blacks to be more economically dependent on whites.
3. landlords typically owned stores where tenant farmers had to shop.
4. only blacks were relegated to existence as sharecroppers.
i think a is 1 b is 4 and c is 3?