posted by Franco .
Thank you very much for your corrections.
Here are some more sentences I'm not sure of.
1) Shopping list: how do you call ten one-litre bottles of sparkling water?
a half-a-litre bottle of wine
2) I usually spread nut-cream on a slice of bread for (?) breakfast.
3) He made progress in English (Can you say it???)
4) He played a trick on me.
5) I like texting my friends (or to my friends?), e-mailing them.
6) He makes a living as a dentist.
7) I'd like to make an appointment with the doctor.
8) I'll have a soup of the day (is the indefinite article "a" possible?)
2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 are fine.
5 -- I like texting and emailing my friends.
8 -- Omit "a" and insert "the" -- that way you'll be indicating one particular soup.