history 1945 and up
posted by cristee .
• Final Project: Most Significant Events
• Resources: Appendix A
• Write a 1,750- to 2,050-word essay in which you:
1. Choose one social, economic, or political topic/issue/theme that you think had the most powerful effect on the development of the United States and/or the American people from the end of World War II to the present. Review the Electronic Reserve Reading for this week, located on your student Web site, to get an idea of how you might present your hypothesis. Notice how you may trace the thread of a topic through the last six decades as you lead up to your prediction.
2. Organize the essay using a clear, unified (carried throughout the essay) thesis, with subtitles for each section.
3. Organize the body of the essay into sections, with one section for each of the six decades following World War II—1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s.
4. Conclude the paper by hypothesizing changes you anticipate to happen in the U.S. social, economic, or political climate of the next ten years. Explain the reasons for your hypothesis.
5. Include at least two references in addition to assigned readings in each decade’s section of your paper. Be sure to correctly cite and reference sources used for direct quotes, paraphrases, and all factual information.
6. Refer to Appendix C to verify that you have written a collegiate paper.
7. Format your paper according to APA standards.
8. Post your paper via the Assignment Tab.
Please understand that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over whatever you come up with and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think.
PS - APA guidelines: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ Use the list at the left as the table of contents.