Post a New Question

finance mortgage payment

posted by .

Purchase a home for $160,000. I intend to put down 20% and finance the remainder over 15 years at 6 3/8% interest. If my taxes & insurance totals $3,600 per year, how much will my total monthly payment be?

  • finance mortgage payment -

    I will calculate the mortgage payment first, since I don't know how your jurisdiction handles taxes and insurance.
    20% down leaves you with 80% of 160 000 or $128 000
    i = .06375/12 = .0053125
    n = 15*12 = 180

    128 000 = paym[ 1 + 1.0053125^-180]/.0053125
    payment = $1106.24

    monthly taxes (if no interest is involved by simply dividing it by 12) = 3600/12 = 300

    so your monthly payment would be sum of those two
    or $1406.24

  • finance mortgage payment -

    Mortgage lenders base the mortgage interest rate they offer you on your credit rating. This makes it financially critical to maintain a credit score of 700 or higher. How much more interest would you pay on a $195,000 home if you put 20% down and financed the remaining with a 30-year mortgage at 6% interest compared to a 30-year mortgage at interest?

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. Math

    If you finance $50,000 of the purchase of your new home at 4.40% compounded monthly for 30 years, the monthly payment will be $250.38. If instead your had a rate of 4.80% compounded monthly for 15 years, the monthly payment will be …
  2. math so confusing plz help

    couple finances a house valued at $150,000. They make a $10,000 down payment and finance the remainder for 30 years at 6.8%. Taxes on the property are estimated to be $621 per year. Insurance on the property is projected to cost $685 …
  3. math

    acouple finances a house valued at $150,000. They make a $10,000 down payment and finance the remainder for 30 years at 6.8%. Taxes on the property are estimated to be $621 per year. Insurance on the property is projected to cost $685 …
  4. business

    Engineering Economics Essay Question: You wish to purchase a home for $150,000 and you can put down 10% of this price as down payment. You can get a 20 year fixed rate mortgage loan for 6.0% with no points. You can optionally decide …
  5. Economics

    Engineering Economics Essay 1: You wish to purchase a home for $150,000 and you can put down 10% of this price as down payment. You can get a 20 year fixed rate mortgage loan for 6.0% with no points. You can optionally decide to pay …
  6. Math

    You wish to purchase a house for $200,000 with 20% down. You will have it financed over 30 years at a rate of 8%. In addition, your yearly real estate tax is $4,800 while your monthly insurance payment on the home will be $30. What …
  7. Bus Finance

    You want to purchase a home. cost $165,000. you have $40,000 downpayment. you want to finance rest at 3.5% for 15 years. how much will monthly mortgage be?
  8. Finance

    Suppose that you want to purchase a home for $450,000 with a 30 year mortgage at 6% interest. Suppose that you can put 40% down. Assume that the monthly cost to finance $1,000 is $6.00. What are the monthly payments
  9. Math

    Shantle and Kwamie are planning to buy their first home. Although they are excited about the prospect of being homeowners, they are also a little frightened. A mortgage payment for the next 30 years sounds like a huge commitment. They …
  10. Finance

    Audrey Sanborn has just arranged to purchase a $550,000 vacation home in the Bahamas with a 20 percent down payment. The mortgage has a 6.1 percent stated annual interest rate, compounded monthly, and calls for equal monthly payments …

More Similar Questions

Post a New Question