Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 8:42pm.
1. Calculate the number of moles of carbon atoms present in 2.4g of ethanol (C2H6O).
2. What is the % Nitrogen by weight in 3.696 mol of ammonium sulfide.
3. How many atoms of mercury are present in 5.4 cubic cm of liquid mercury? The density of mercury is 13.55g/cc.
1. moles = grams/molar mass
2. (mass nitrogen/mass amm sulfide)*100 = ??
3. mass Hg = volume x density
Then convert to moles.
Then remember there are 6.022E23 atoms for every mole.
3.50 mol x 6.022 x 10^23
= 2.11 x 10^24 carbon atoms
More Similar Questions