posted by Nicole .
1. Two point charges are separated by 6 cm. The attractive force between them is 14 N. Find the force between them when they are separated by 12 cm.
2. The SI unit of mass is the kilogram. What is the SI unit of charge?
3. The proportionality constant k in Coulomb’s law is huge in ordinary units, whereas the proportionality constant G in Newton’s law of gravitation is tiny. What does this mean in terms of the relative strengths of these two forces?
1. Use Coulomb's law. Express distances in meters.
3. electrostatic forces are much stronger than gravitationsl ones. In a hydrogem atom, the ratio is about 10^39