posted by rfvv .
Posted by rfvv on Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 10:33pm.
1. Are you finished cleaning?
2. Are you finished with cleaning?
(Which one is correct?)
English - SraJMcGin, Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 11:09pm
1. Are you finished cleaning.= correct
2. I'd use the noun "cleaning" and then you'd have "Are you finished with the cleaning?"
What about the following?
1. Did you finish cleaning?
2. Are you finished cleaning?
(What is the difference between Sentence 1 and Sentence 2?)
There is no difference in meaning between sentences 1 and 2.