posted by John .
Can someone please check my work?
1. Name the South American countries through which the Tropic of Capricorn passes.
Paraguay, chile, Argentina, Brazil
2. Classify each of the following as high, mid, or low latitude.
South America: low
United States: low
3. Use map scale to measure the distance from the Tropic of Cancer to the southern tip of India.
Scale- 1:12 500 000
Does the scale mean that 1cm on map = 12 500 000 cm on earth's surface?
4. Estimate the percent of India that would have the sun DIRECTLY overhead at some time during the year.
Please check #1 and #2. Correct me if I'm wrong. Please clarify #3 for me. And I need help with #4.
Thank you very much for your assistance.
2. The high latitudes are those north of about 60 degrees north. Low latitudes are south of 60 degrees south. Midlatitudes are those in between. Rethink your answers here.
4. If the question means what it says, only a small percentage (5%?) is on the Tropic of Cancer.