probability

posted by .

The probability that Alysha will miss school today is 0.15. The probability that Carla will miss school today is 0.07. The probability that both of these students will NOT miss school today is what?

  • probability -

    Okay, hete is how to solve this problem:

    Since the probability that Alysha will miss is 0.15, that means that it is 15%, right? So, the probability that Alysha will NOT miss is 100 - 15, which is 85%. So the answer is 0.85

    Now for Carla. 0.07 = 7%.
    100 - 7 = 93%. So the answer is 0.93.

  • probability -

    prob(Alysha miss school AND Carla miss school) = (.15)(.07) = .0105
    So prob that both will not miss school
    = 1 - .0105
    = .9895

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. probability

    A survey of 850 students conducted in two schools showed the following results: School A: *Students who took the bus = 400 * Students who did not take the bus = 150 Total = 550 School B: *Students who took the bus = 200 * Students …
  2. Probability & Statistics

    A basketball player shoots free throws and makes them with probability 1/3. What is the probability the player will miss three in a row?
  3. statistik and probability

    n a college class of 250 graduating seniors 50 have jobswaiting. 10 are going to medical school, 20 are going to lawschool, and 80 are going to various other kinds of graduateschools. Select one graduate at random. a. What is the probability …
  4. Probability

    When I swing at a nail, I drive it all the way in with probability 1/2. With probability 1/4, I hit it half-way in, and with 1/4 probability I miss it entirely. I'm pretty sure that if I swing 4 times at a nail, I'll get it all the …
  5. Data Management

    if mike does homework today the probability that he will do it tomorrow is 0.8. the probability he will do it today is 0.7. what are the odds that he will do it both today and tomorrow
  6. Algebra 2

    Can someone please explain how to do this problem?
  7. English

    1. If school finishes early today, Kevin will ride a bike. 2. If school finishes early today, Kevin will ride his bike. (A bike or his bike?
  8. Probability

    An assembly line has two inspectors. The probability that the first inspector will miss a defective item is 0.05. If the defective item passes the first inspector, the probability that the second inspector will miss it is 0.01. What …
  9. Math (probability)

    Could someone please correct my work. A fishing magazine collected data and printed the following results: If there is rain then the probability of catching a fish at Lake Blue is 80%, but if it doesn't rain then the probability of …
  10. probability

    A fishing magazine collected data and printed the following results: If there is rain then the probability of catching a fish at Lake Blue is 80%, but if it doesn't rain then the probability of catching a fish at Lake Blue is 17%. …

More Similar Questions