posted by tina .
2. ADVERBS AND ADJECTIVES.
Determine if the word in paranthesis an adverb or an adjective. write the chosen word next to each item.
There is a (focal) area in the right hip which is (suspicious).
1. focal Adverb Adjective
2. suspicious Adverb Adjective
The patient was advised to return to the clinic (immediately) for any redness or swelling.
3. immediately Adverb Adjective
The patient states that she has had (progressively) worsening shortness of breath.
4. progressively Adverb Adjective
The patient had (fairly) (severe) abdominal pain.
5. fairly Adverb Adjective
6. severe Adverb Adjective
The patient was transferred to the coronary care unit and was treated for (unstable) angina.
7. unstable Adverb Adjective
The patient has (intermittently) been on (anti-inflammatory) drugs.
8. intermittently Adverb Adjective
9. anti-inflammatory Adverb Adjective
This (elderly) woman had a history of syncope (yesterday).
10. elderly Adverb Adjective
11. yesterday Adverb Adjective
This rash has been present for approximately (two) years.
12. two Adverb Adjective
Testicles were descended (bilaterally) and (only) (mildly) tender.
13. bilaterally Adverb Adjective
14. only Adverb Adjective
15. mildly Adverb Adjective
There is mild-to-moderate tenderness on (deep) palpation.
16. deep Adverb Adjective
Identify ALL nouns and pronouns in the following sentences.
1. Pupils are equal, round, and reactive to light.
2. An abdominal film showed no obstruction.
3. She is tender to palpation over the lateral femoral condyle.
4. An evaluation with Maddox rod was consistent with crossed diplopia, corrected with 12 prism diopters.
5. Xerofoam gauze and glycerin-soaked cotton were placed in the umbilicus.
6. He was then awakened and extubated.