posted by y912f .
here are some questions i had to answer for the story "The Other Wife" by Colette (translated by Margaret Crosland)
[[it starts with 'for two?' and ends with 'superior women']]
please check them all
1. marc seguy insists on sitting in the crowded area of the dining room because
a. he dislikes the views of the water
b. there are no tables by the bay window
c. alice, his new wife, wants to site there
d. he wants to avoid his ex-wife
2. which of the following statements BEST describes the relationship between Marc and Alic Seguy?
a. she lets him make all the decisions
b. he lets her make all the decisions
c. they discuss the matter and arrive at a mutual decision
d. they quarrel constantly and cannot reach a decision
ok. so first i though C sounds the best. but then i thought..it says that HE picked the table they sat on. also, HE ordered the food. she just said 'whatever he likes' so now i'm thinking should it be A?
3. while dining, Alice sometimes laughs too loundly, and Marc careflully watches his posture. this behavior is meant to impress
a. each other
b. the mautre d'hotel
c. marc's ex wife
d. no one
4. Which of the following statements BEST describes the change that occurs in Alic during the story?
a. she realizes what a wonderful husband Marc is
b. she understands why marc could not please his first wfe
c. she realizes for the first time how good-looking marc is
d. she wonders if there is osmethinmg lackin in marc
5. We almost never learn the private thoughts of any character but Alice. This is a clue that the point of view in the story is
a. first person
b. third-person limited
c. third-person omniscient
d. that of the ex-wife
1 is D -- correct
2 is A -- correct
3 is C -- correct
4 is D -- correct
5 -- a and d are out; now look up the word "omniscient" to see if you're right or if it's b.
i think it's omniscient...?
Did you look up the word "omniscient?"
sorry, it's third person limited, becuase the other one means having complete or unlimited knowledge
Right. It has to be third person limited.