posted by Physics .
I'm not exactly sure how to do this problem
The Earth has a radius of 6.37E6 meters. Draw a picture and calculate:
- The circumference of the Earth
- The time for one rotation of the earth in seconds
- The velocity of someone standing on the equator
- The centripetal acceleration of someone standing on the equator
- How does this compare to the value of "g"?
- The centripetal acceleratorion of someone standing on the North or South Pole
- What is the centripetal acceleration of someone in Connecticuit? (latidute 43 degrees)
Ok I hav no idea how to do the last one or anyone of them
is the radius radius from the sun the problem dosne't say
I think I'm assuming that it takes 365 days for one rotation aroudn the sun correct?
The north pole and south pole isn't moving right just rotating?
Please show me step by step using proper problem solving methodology to answer the questions so that way I can understand how you got the answers