posted by mysterychicken .
What will happen if I mix Muriatic acid (just a drop) in room temperature water? (about 80 ml of it)
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention, what if dip a metal rod in this?
This site may have your answer.
This site has a lot of stuff on it and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for =/
Putting one drop of muriatic acid in water is not dangerous and will have no visible effect. You might get a strong whiff of HCl while you do it, depending how much you have and what kind of a container you are pouring muriatic acid from. Be sure to wear rubber gloves while handling it.
The very dilute HCl soution that you produce will by adding a drop to 80 ml of water will not attack most metals, but might help to clean a copper penny.