Post a New Question


posted by .

I'm reading a formula (lots of greek letters) and I see a symbol that looks like a backward six. That doesn't seem to be any greek letter... What is it?

  • math -

    You seem to be describing the nameless "partial derivative" symbol, sometimes called "del", a modified lower case Greek delta.


  • math -

    Ah ha! That's exactly what that is. And I knew that a long time ago. Thanks!

    It doesn't show up on Wikipedia's greek alphabet page at all, but that's more than good enough! Thanks!

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

More Related Questions

Post a New Question