posted by Cynthia .
I am confused on my homework which is to name the function and the form in the sentence, the part in parenthesis. Do I have these right or wrong?
1)Biking is also a good reason for (visiting Oregon).
2)I think that being (a doctor) would be exciting.
3)(To get into a good medical school) is not easy.
#1 gerund is correct, the usage is incorrect.
2. noun clause not phrase, and it is not the subject.
#3 is correct.
Is this correct?
1. Function-subject complement
1. No. Its function is as object of the preposition "for."
2. Are you sure only "a doctor" was the intended segment of the sentence you must analyze?
2. Yes, (a doctor) is the only part in parenthesis.