posted by Rick .
What did George Washington and Thomas Jefferson contribute in establishing a stable government after the adoption of the Constitution?
For Washington I have:
1) He became first president for 8 years
2) Proclamation of Neutrality protected Americans from war
3) Jay Treaty resulted in peace for a decade
4) He strongly believed in a strong central government
For Thomas Jefferson I have:
1) The Lousiana Purchase in 1803 (expanded America/ strengthened government)
2)Embargo Act of 1807 ( though failure it did provide Congress with future ideas of only setting embargo on Britain and/or France preceding War of 1812)
This is for an essay so I was wondering if I need better and more points. All help is truly appreciated!