Compensation and Benefits
posted by Ann .
I need help with these question. I am not a 100% sure of my answers. Can someone please help. Thanks
1. All but which one of the following are major reasons for an employee to defer income? a) save for the future b) permit saving to accumulate interest tax free c) currently low tax rate d) inability to forecast what the future may hold
2. Who finances the majority of pension plans existing in industry today?
a) union b) employees c) employers d) federal government
3. Which of the following groups of employees is most likely to receive a pension that equals of at times exceeds their annual salary? q) top-level managers b) administrators c) executives d) professionals
4. Which one of the following statements is NOT true regarding Supplementary Executive Retirment Plans (SERPS) a) plans seldom make any contractual requirements on recipient b) plans are unfunded c) frequently funds are made available through employer's own insurance policies d) employer retains control of plan assets
5. The size of a bonus received by an operating manager will quite often be determined by all BUT which one of the following criteria? a)work unit reduction in cost b) performance rating of manager's subordinates c) employee's own performance rating c) area of functional responsibility
6. The rapid expansion of the benefits program over the past three decades has been atributed to all of the following EXCEPT a) the imposition of wage ceilings during World War II b) increased employee interest in receiving a tax shelter from recent past inflation causing rising wage levels c) union influence has raised wages to the point where most employees' basic needs are satisfied, therefore causing an increased interest in greater benefits d) pressures from recent legal decisions require all employers to have a benefits package including life insurance, health insurance, minimum two-weeks annual leave, Workers' Compensation, auto insurance and sick leave hide problem