posted by unknown .
do you think you could help me out with this lab.
Lab: Electrolytic Cells
Purpose: The purpose of this experiment is to test the method of stoichiometry in cells.
wire lead (x2)
tin (II) chloride solution (3.25 M)
1. Take the mass of the steel can and record your observations.
2. Place the steel can in the large beaker.
3. Pour the solution of tin (II) chloride into the beaker so it surrounds (but does not go into) the steel can.
4. Place the tin electrode into the beaker.
5. Attach the wires to the steel can and the tin electrode.
6. Connect the wires to the proper terminus on the power source.
7. Set the timer to 6.00 minutes and start the timer. The power source will come on automatically and will turn off automatically when time runs out.
8. Take the mass of the steel can. Assume it is completely dry when you do so.
1. What is the mass of the tin produced? Show all your work.
2. What is the theoretical mass of tin that should have been produced? Show all your work.
3. Determine the accuracy of your result, using a percentage difference and discuss any discrepancies. Show all your work.
You didn't post anything.