math check please
posted by tony
Approximately 4 out of every 10 students at Sonia's college live on campus. The college has 3,000 students. 1. How many of them live on campus?
A 1,200 students
2. Write the proportion 21 is to 33 as 63 is to 99.
A. 21/33 =63/99
3. is this fraction proportional?
4. Find the best buy on pasta sauce ( 1 qt is 32 oz).
(A) 48 oz for $1.79
(B) 1 qt for $1.29
(C)1 qt 16 oz for $1.99
(D)45 oz for $1.59
my answer was was D if I rounded them off they would average to .04 D was smallest going 4 digits it was .0353
5.Find the rate 392ft./8sec.
A 49 ft/sec
6.Is this rate rates are equivalent?
48 U.S. dollars/ 64 Canadian Dollars = 72 U.S. dollars / 96 canadian dollars
7. Solve for the unknown: 4/x =12/15
x = 5
all are correct.Good work.
1.A caterer made 150 sandwiches for 120 people. How many sandwiches are there for each person? A 1.25 or 1 1/4 sandwich/person
2.On the blueprint of Lauren's new office building, the scale is 3 in. equals 8 ft. What will be the actual length of Lauren's office if it measures 6 in. long on the blueprint?
3.Write 0.21 as a percent.
4. 1,155 is what percent of 210?
5. The electricity costs of a business increased from $18,000 one year to $19,000 the next. To the nearest whole percent, what was the rate of increase?
6. Rewrite the statement, using percent notation.
7. 13 out of 25 college students work at part-time jobs.
A. 52% of college students work a part- time jobs
8. Write 2 1/4 as a percent.
9. Write 20% as a fraction or a mixed number.
10.A saleswoman is working on a 6% commission basis. If she wants to make $2,400 in one month, how much must she sell?
a caterer made 150 sandwiches for 120 people. how many sandwiches are there for each person?
If $3,000.00 is deposited into an account paying 4% interest compounded annually (at the end of each year), how much money is in the account after 3 years? (Round to the nearest cent.)
could you show how you figured out the answer for how many students lived on campus
The electricity costs of a business decreased from $16,000 one year to $11,000 the next. To the nearest whole percent, what was the rate of decrease?
$3,000 x 0.04= 120
$3,000 + 120 = $3,120 is the answer.
Approximately 4 out of every 10 students at Sonia's college live on campus. The college has 3,000 students. How many of them live on campus?
20 is what percent of 210%
57/54 = c/18