PHYSICS TEST !!
posted by anonymous .
I have a physics test and need help with a few study questions...if you know which equations to use or how to solve any of these PLEASE tell me...thankyou!
1. One cubic meter of liquid air at standard temperature and pressure is about 900 kg. When this much liquid air turns to gaseous air of density 1.25 kg/m to power (3), what will its volume be?
2. How much lift will be exerted on airplane wings of 100 m to power of (2) area when the difference in air pressure below and above is 3 percent of atmospheric pressure?
3. What is the volume of a 50 kg person who can just barely float in fresh water?
4. A rectangular barge, 5.0 m long and 2.0 m wide, floats in fresh water. How much deeper will it float when its load is a 600 kg horse?
5. A 10 kg piece of wood that is 0.8 times the density of water floats in water. What mass of water is displaced?
6. Consider and object with a length at rest of 6 meters. When it approaches the speed of light, an observer at rest would measure its length approaching what value?
7. How fast must a particle move if its momentum is to be 3.3 times its classical momentum?
8. The fractional change of mass to energy in a fission reactor is about 0.1%, or 1 part in a thousand. If 1.0 kg of uranium undergoes fission, what amount of energy is released?
I know there's quite a few, but if anyone could help I would really appreciate it!
Volume = (Mass)/(Density)