Recent Homework Questions About US History
How did early Muslim empires generally treat conquered people? A: they were allowed to become first-class citizens upon converting to islam B: they were forced to give up their religions and convert to islam C: their religions were tolerated, but restrictions and taxes were ...
Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 6:32pm
Please check my answers! thanks! :) 1. A population of oak trees growing in a region in Canada experiences a change in climate to much colder temperatures and much drier conditions than they have had for many decades. What determines how this population will change in the next...
Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 9:44am
Please! Please! Please help me really quick! Pleae check my answers! 1. A population of oak trees growing in a region in Canada experiences a change in climate to much colder temperatures and much drier conditions than they have had for many decades. What determines how this ...
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 9:42pm
1) Give a short explanation about mining industry in the 1800s and give and effect it had. 2) Give a short explanation about Homestead act exodusters in the 1800s and give an effect it had. 3) Give a short explanation about cattle drives/beef industry in the 1800s and give an ...
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 7:22pm
1) Give a short explanation about mining industry in the 1800s and the effect it had. 2) give a short explanation about Transcontinental railroad construction in the 1800s and the effect it had. 3) give a short explanation about Transcontinental railroad in the 1800s and the ...
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 6:57pm
Select the part of speech that correctly identifies the italicized word in each sentence below. The movie was wonderful, YET it was not nearly as detailed and creative as the novel. a. preposition b. conjunction* c. adjective d. interjection INDEED, it has been one of the ...
Monday, October 7, 2013 at 3:51pm
1) Which of the following was once a Dutch colony? (1point) New Jersey Rhode Island Philadelphia New York City*** 2) The Franciscan monk who worked for the rights of Native Americans was (1point) Robert de La Salle Jacques Marquette Louis Joliet Junipero Serra*** 3) What ...
Monday, October 7, 2013 at 3:12pm
. Which of the following was the primary cause of the Balkan Wars conducted during the Clinton administration? A. The rise to power of Slobodan Milosevic in Serbia B. Muslim activism in Bosnia C. The UN peacekeepers' inability to stem ethnic cleansing D. The breakup of the...
Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 8:10pm
2. William Lloyd Garrisons The Liberator was known for appealing to its readers sense of (1 point) A. moral correctness. B. modern convenience. C. economic concern. D. social status. a
Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 4:42am
1) Why did the Middle colonies have the most diverse population in colonial America? (1point) Leaders of the Middle Colonies advertised in Europe to attract more settlers. People moved to the Middle Colonies from New England to escape religious persecution.*** Immigrants from ...
Friday, October 4, 2013 at 6:40pm
2 more History Questions
1) Pilgrims who came to the Americas in the 1600s were mainly seeking________.(1point) God, gold, and glory A colony solely for Catholics Profits from lucrative tobacco plantations Religious freedom*** 2) Maine was originally part of which of the four New England ...
Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 4:36pm
1) How did Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire colonies begin? (1point) Founders of all three colonies strongly disagreed with the Massachusetts colony, and sought to establish their own communities elsewhere.*** All three were spearheaded by dissident Roger Williams...
Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 4:14pm
. Parliament passed the Coercive Acts, known in America as the Intolerable Acts, in response to A. Patrick Henry's Resolves. B. the Boston Tea Party. C. insults addressed to the customs commissioners. D. the Boston Massacre.
Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 9:56pm
Which of the following is not a reason for the collapse of classical empires? A. Small size of empire B. Large size of empire C. Invasions D. Diseases I know invasions is not the correct answer.
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 9:07pm
Which of the following is true of the Spanish-American War? A. Racial tensions were suspended for the duration of the war. B. About one in ten American soldiers were black. C. Black soldiers referred to black Cubans as "Smoked Spaniards." D. The black soldiers who ...
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 6:55pm
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! <3 1. Which of the following describes the role of an anthropologist? (1 point) a person who studies the origin and development of humans*** a person who searches for artifacts from prehistoric people a person who excavates remains from early ...
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 2:39pm
***IGNORE THE CHARTS/GRAPH QUESTIONS!! UNLESS YOU KNOW THE ANSWER OR HAVE SEEN THE CHARTS! THANKS!! :) *** For whom was South Carolina named? (1 point) Queen Caroline King Charles I**** King Charles II Queen Elizabeth 2. What is an important reason to study the history of a ...
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 9:49am
Which group is most associated with the fall of the Western Roman empire? Was it Carthaginians, Gauls, Huns, or the Greeks?? I thought it was Egypt or Visigoths but my answer came back as wrong :(
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 6:32am
When was the height of Egyptians, Athenians, Alexander's empire, and Roman Empire? I am having hard time finding the exact or round about year to these. I've found two so far, but I am sure if its right. please help so i can study for my test! thank you! This is what i...
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 4:59am
1. A consumer organization estimates that 30% of the households in a particular community have one television set, 39% have two sets, and 20% have three or more sets. What is the probability that a household chosen at random does not have two sets? A) 0.39 B) 0.80 C) 0.61 D) 0...
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 7:51pm
The failures of the Articles of Confederation showed that A.) The new government had to be powerful. B.)State government had to be all-powerful. C.)The people should not grant powers to the government . D.)The government should not guarantee individual freedoms.
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 6:30pm
There are 30 books in a bookcase. The books in the case are either math, science ,or history books. Ten of the books are math books. There are 6 fewer science books than history books. How many science books are in the bookcase??????
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 6:16pm
Which of the following statements about John D. Rockefeller is most accurate? A. He founded the Standard Oil Company when he was 24 years old. B. He considered competition to be the central ideal of capitalism. C. He drilled the first oil well near Titusville, Pennsylvania. D...
Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 6:03pm
life science , geography , history and math literecy
I am a grade 11 student and want to follow careers linked to geograpy . My problem is that most of the careers I am in interested in want pure math and im doing math literecy . My question is that , Is it possible for me to start mathematics in University so that I can follow ...
Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 2:38pm
What were religious groups who came to the New World looking for? a. Religious freedom for all religious groups. b. Equality for all. c. To avoid religious and civil persecution. d. To expand their religion throughout the colonies. A For what reason did the colonists feel that...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 3:48pm
Why were the British more successful than the Spanish in colonizing North America? Select one: a. They found more gold. b. They had a stronger military. c. They attracted more immigrants. d. They bonded with Native American populations. On the heels of repealing the Stamp Act...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 3:24pm
Social Studies (History)
1) What are the materials the workers used to construct the first transcontinental railroad? 2) What are the materials in the railroad? 3) What are the long-term and short-term causes of the transcontinental railroad (if there are any short-term causes)? I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 12:55pm
Social Studies (History)
What were the materials to construct the transcontinental railroad? I already knew the railroad was mostly constructed by hand by thousands of workers, but i need help to find out what kind of materials they used to build and construct the railroad. Also, what are the ...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 12:19pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). Which groups have argued that the income gap presents a moral issue? A: The Catholic Church and other religious faiths have argued that the income gap presents a moral issue. 2). What is the basic economic dilemma confronted by poor people in Latin America? A: The basic ...
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 8:51pm
Select two groups of Native American people from two different areas within the United States. The areas you can select from include North, West, Southwest, Plains, and East/Southeast. Explain how environmental factors influenced their homes and food. (5points)
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 7:49pm
world history 8
Britain chose to keep Canada instead of these two slave colonies. a. Martinique and St. Kitts b. Martinique and Guadalupe c. Martinique and St. Johns d. Guadeloupe and St.Kitts d?
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 4:42pm
Explain whether slavery or representation was the main cause of disunion. You may incorporate two of the following to support your answer -The Missouri Compromise -The Free-Soil Movement -Compromise of 1850 -Kansas-Nebraska Act, 1854 -Bleeding Kansas Dred Scott v. Sandford
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 11:52pm
does anyone know any topic ideas for the turning point in america (1600s-1900s).PLZ I need help its a research title and i have no idea what to write about.
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 12:34pm
Can someone please tell me the radical one between Alfred Young and Gordon Wood in the American Revolution? I believe it is Gordon Wood but when I search the internet it makes me think both were radical. Please direct me to a site. Thanks
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 2:50pm
History (chronological order)
Place in chronological order from the earliest to most recent.. height of egyptian power height of Athenian power height of Alexander's empire height of Roman empire
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 6:32am
1.Which statement is not true concerning the Albany Plan of Union? 2.How did Americans oppose the Stamp Act? 3.What was the purpose of the 1764 Sugar Act?
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:40am
what is a good website to describe a boom town in the west in the 1800s. a website of what they do there and what occurs during a typical day of mining.. including techniques of mining, description of the town, the mines, and the town's inhabitants... also efforts to ...
Monday, September 23, 2013 at 5:57pm
use ten adjectives to describe ghost towns. I got: 1-abandoned 2-ancient 3-lonely 4-broken down 5-old 6-empty 7-sad 8-quiet I still need 2 more adjectives, but I am all out of ideas.. please help, thank you
Monday, September 23, 2013 at 4:04pm
were anti-federalists mainly southern states, and federalists were northern? did they compromise by federalists adding the bill of rights into the constitution, that way it could be ratified?
Monday, September 23, 2013 at 2:36pm
What are the disadvantages and advantages of international waters? How does the creation of international waters benefit countries such as the US, France, Britain, Poland, Serbia, Italy ?
Monday, September 23, 2013 at 9:20am
Why did the United States and the French support the creation of an independent Polish state in the Treaty of Versailles? How would the creation of an independent Polish state benefit the other allies?
Monday, September 23, 2013 at 4:08am
what was the federalist v Democratic-Republicans.. Ie. Alexander Hamilton assumed leadership of Federalist cause and Thomas Jefferson assumed it as Democratic-Republican
Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 7:06pm
1. Marco Polo wrote an account of the marvels of (1 point) the Americas. Venice. Asia.*** Spain. 2. Which man and his army conquered Peru? (1 point) Francisco Pizarro Atahualpa Hernan Cortes*** Montezuma 3. Traders who established rights to the Canadian fur trade were (1 point...
Friday, September 20, 2013 at 4:41pm
Economics - History
For each event explain how the event would affect price, supply and demand of the product listed: Two days before Thanksgiving the market has many unsold turkeys. Drought forces ranchers to rush their cattle to market.
Friday, September 20, 2013 at 12:25am
in what ways are the ideas of the buddhist eightfold path similar to and different from the ideas, beliefs, and practices, of other religions or philosophies you may know about?
Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 5:50pm