Recent Homework Questions About Government
i', so confuse because the only answer that i have let is Dennis v. U.S. Would that be the answer? I'm the answer to Dennis v. U.S....which upheld the Smith Act, allowing the government to arrest members of the Communist Party based on the idea of a clear and probable ...
Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 5:34pm
To whoever "Anonymous" is
You posted this: Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 10:16am. Provide a brief overview of government policy toward Native Americans during the period of 1850 to 1900 and the impact this policy had on their lives. You posted your entire assignment without ...
Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 10:33am
How is the American Government Organized and their functions? - I have to write a 5 paragraph essay and I need help researching. - Do you know a website I can get information? P.S ; I do not have a book. I'm taking an online class and I have to start/finish it by tomorrow...
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 3:43pm
A government researcher wants to conduct a study to determine if there is a correlation between social security numbers and income. He collects the paired data from a random sample of 100 people. Should the methods of this chapter be used with the linear correlation ...
Monday, July 22, 2013 at 9:39pm
American National Government
1-During a hearing, executive branch officials are asked to: a) report on what their agency or department has been doing. b) state their intentions for reelection. c) pass new legislation proposed by Congress. d) approve funding for upcoming programs. 2-The division of ...
Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 6:33pm
In Chapter 2 of the textbook, the author describes meanings for the concept of socio-economic class and analyzes how perceptions of justice may be influenced by class distinctions in American society (see Section 2.4). He also references the related views of two provocative ...
Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 6:25pm
Give an overview of the African American struggle for civil rights since the Civil War. In particular, give 2- mechanisms that were used in the South to withhold civil rights from African Americans. What did African Americans do to overcome these obstacles? What were ...
Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 1:14pm
First, explain what civil liberties are. Then, look at the first amendment. The first amendment states Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or the press. In practice, however, the Supreme Court has never regarded these protections as ...
Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 1:13pm
What is ideology and what are the 2 basic ideologies that shape American political behavior? In other words, define ideology and explain the basic political assumptions of the 2 dominant ideologies in America. With what political group(s) or demographics is(are) attracted to ...
Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 1:11pm
Define and explain both political culture and public opinion. Give examples of each to clearly differentiate the two concepts. Then, explain what effect each has on or role each plays in American politics? How are they different and how are they similar? Be sure to discuss ...
Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 1:10pm
Explain who the Federalists and Anti-Federalists were, then compare and contrast their views on the following issues: human nature, the proper scale of government, the nature of representation, separation of powers/checks and balances, the purpose of government, and stability ...
Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 1:02pm
GDP=520 Government spending decreases by 15 Taxes decrease by 20 Investment increases by 30 Net Exports decrease by 30 MPC=.75 What is the new equilibrium GDP?
Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 6:26pm
1. The U.S. Constitution's Article I, Section 1 created the office for the U.S. president. A) True B) False 2. The term of office for a House member is two years. A) True B) False 3. Two requirements for members of the House are that they must be 25 years of age and a ...
Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 1:54pm
I am to draft a paper that critically analyzes a current domestic or foreign political issue of importance to the United States. I want to write about the war on terror after the September 11, attacks. Does anyone think this would be a good topic. If not does anyone have any ...
Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 7:31pm
What is the procedure of voter identification intended to help prevent fraudulent voting and keep the process organized? A. Registration B. Precinct Divisions C. Political Socialization D. Franchising E. Gerrymandering
Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 1:01am
Hello, I am to write a paper that critically analyzes a current,domestic or foreign political issue of importance to the United States. I want to write about the war in Iraq. If that is not correct do someone have any suggestions on a topic.
Friday, July 5, 2013 at 7:14pm
The makers of the MAGNETIZER Engine Energizer System (EES) claim that it improves gas mileage and reduces emissions in automobiles by using magnetic free energy to increase the amount of oxygen in the fuel for greater combustion efficiency. Following are test results, ...
Thursday, July 4, 2013 at 1:07pm
Creating a Budget Various budget approaches play an important role in resource allocation in human service organizations. You are the executive director for a local government workforce agency that focuses on providing career- and work-related skills. The Department of ...
Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 9:16pm
Sam owns an acre of land on Red River. The government dams the river. A lake forms behind the dam, covering Sam's land. Does the government owe Sam anything? If yes why? If no why not?
Friday, June 28, 2013 at 6:06pm
please give me some outlines on this topic - the government has granted a large amount of money to your school to build a hobby room and buy instruments for the school orchestra . why would you like to have the two in your school. please explain a few lines on this topic please.
Friday, June 28, 2013 at 4:35am
Government (Check Answers)
1. What is the procedure of voter identification intended to help prevent fraudulent voting and keep the process organized? A) political socialization B) registration C) gerrymandering D) precinct divisions E) franchising 2. What do you call all the persons entitled to vote in...
Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 6:16pm
1. Amendment -- gave all men the right to vote regardless of race. - 15? 2. People who believe voting is important have high political ----c-c-. - efficacy? 3. It is an essential part of democracy in action, for the people to ---e. - vote? 4. The age requirement to vote in the...
Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 3:23pm
I am to develop a policy to increase voter turnout. It is to be a powerpoint presentation. I want to addresses such things as online voting, lowering the voter, and early voting. I am not sure if this is the right way to go. Can someone please help me.
Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 8:46am
write an essay on the the topic- government has granted a large amount of money to your school to construct a hobby room and buy instruments for your school orchestra. why would you like to have the two in your school.
Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 3:32am
1. The Framers of the US Constitution supported political parties. A) True B) False 2. The US is predominantly a multiparty system. A) True B) False 3. The main focus of major parties is to nominate candidates and get them elected. A) True B) False 4. The purpose of the ...
Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 1:43am
1. States must honor each other's laws and court decisions according to... (C) A) 1st Amendment B) Privileges and Immunities Clause C) Full Faith and Credit Clause D) Revenue Sharing 2. The National Government can enter a State to restore order in cases of domestic unrest...
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 5:27pm
Homework Help Powers that are shared by both the National Government and the States are called... A) reserved powers B) enumerated powers C) inherent powers D) implied powers E) concurrent powers The Supreme Court carries out most of the country's procedures for persons ...
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 3:33pm
1. States must honor each other's laws and court decisions according to... A) 1st Amendment B) Privileges and Immunities Clause C) Full Faith and Credit Clause D) Revenue Sharing 2. The National Government can enter a State to restore order in cases of domestic unrest. A) ...
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 3:03pm
Compensation of employees $194.2 US exports of goods and services 17.8 Consumption of fixed capital (depreciation) 11.8 Government purchases 59.4 Taxes on production and imports 14.4 Gross private domestic investment 63.9 Transfer payments 13.9 US imports of goods and services...
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 9:37pm
Personal consumption expenditures $245 Net foreign factor income 4 Transfer payments 12 Rents 14 Statistical discrepancy 8 Consumption of fixed capital (depreciation) 27 Social Security contributions 20 Interest 13 Proprietors income 33 Net Exports 11 Dividends 16 ...
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 9:02pm
Americas founders envisioned a _________________________ that was closer to the government of ancient Athens than to the political system found in America today
Monday, June 24, 2013 at 9:14pm
Molly Ellen, bookkeeper for Keystone Company, forgot to send in the payroll taxes due on April 18. She sent the payment November 8. The IRS sent her a penalty charge of 8% simple interest on the unpaid taxes of $5,900. Calculate the penalty. (Remember that the government uses...
Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 4:16pm
2. The sales tax rate applied to all purchases within a state was 0.04 (4 percent) throughout 2006 but increased to 0.05 (5 percent) during all of 2007. The state government collected all taxes due, but its tax revenues were equal to $40 million each year. What happened to ...
Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 4:07pm
Which of the following is among the impediments to government action on health care? (Points : 1) Frequency of divided government and the resulting decentralization of the legislative process Magnitude of disagreement between citizens and the insurance industry Ideological ...
Monday, June 17, 2013 at 9:33pm
What gave rise to democracy in Athens? Explain why Plato did not favor democracy as the best form of government in his Republic? Are there any good online sources where I can find the above questions? Thanks.
Saturday, June 15, 2013 at 12:39pm
You are considering buying 100 shares of TEXAS INC common stock. The common stock is expected to pay a dividend of $2.50 a year from today; the growth rate of the dividends is 8% for two years, then level off to a constant rate of 5% per year. The correlation between TEXAS Inc...
Friday, June 14, 2013 at 9:18am
Recently, I was reading an article about military bases overseas and proposed cuts in funds that keep them secure. With the country experiencing so many financial difficulties and so much money being spent on the war in Iraq, proposals are being made to cut funding that ...
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 3:45pm
Thank you very much, Ms Sue. I left out a few other sentences. Could you please check them, too? I need them for tomorrow. 1) Numerous militants also chained themselves to railings and hit and spit at policemen. In 1911 the protests slowly became more violent. 2) Women smashed...
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 6:22pm
Dan Dietrich is an executive with Coronado Distributors. His gross earnings are $9,850 per month. Assume the government withholds 6.2% for Social Security and 1.45% for Medicare. What are the combined withholdings for Social Security and Medicare for Dans January paycheck?
Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 11:05pm
Social Studies (Ms. Sue)
What were the major progressive accomplishments of Wilson's presidency? My answer: The major accomplishments of Wilson's presidency were the passing of the Clayton Antitrust Act, which laid down rules forbidding business practices that lessened competition and gave the...
Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 1:58pm
Social Studies (Ms. Sue)
What did President Roosevelt mean by a "square deal," and how did he try to achieve it? My answer: By a "square deal," President Roosevelt meant fairness, as he saw the government as an empire, for workers, customers, and big business. To ensure both this ...
Monday, June 3, 2013 at 5:26pm
1)War over this country involved the United States during the 1960s and 1970s. in 1975 it fell under Communist control. I said South Vietnam 2)In the 1980's this nation was a world industrial leader as well as major competitor with U.S. I said China ( Russia and USSR are ...
Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 5:45pm
XYZ Manufacturing, Inc., located in Centervale, uses the calendar year and the cash method of accounting. On December 31, 2010, XYZ made the following cash payments: $100,000 for a two-year office lease beginning on February 1, 2011 $58,000 of inventory items held ...
Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 6:47pm
S.S. help plz
1. Rain forests are important because they contribute to the world's supply of (1 point) soil. oxygen. food. harbors. 2. The capital of Brazil was moved from the coast to the interior because the government wished to (1 point) develop the interior by attracting people to ...
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 1:02pm
Crisis Management What can the government, individual and society do to combat crisis like a. Bomb blast / terrorist attack b. Earthquake c. Floods d. Fire accident.
Monday, May 27, 2013 at 2:31am
Which provision was included in the United States Constitution to allow it to adapt to changing times? I wanted to say it was the amendment process, but I didn't know if it was correct or not.
Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 9:33am
I really need help please !!!!!!!!!!!!! 1. Accounting for payroll. Jimmy Paycheck earned $1,500 per month as the manager of a recording studio. Jimmy has 25% of his earning withheld for federal income taxes. There are no other amounts withheld except for those required by the ...
Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 8:03am
1. Hitler became the leader of Germany when? A. his army staged a coup d'etat against the government B. the German people elected him president C. his party won a majority in the Reichstag D. the president of the Weimar Republic appointed him chancellor I said D. 2. The ...
Friday, May 24, 2013 at 4:47pm
Hello. I will really appreciate it if you help me complete the sentence in the correct way: "Police fired on anti-government protesters, killing three and wounding ... 1)a few others, 2)some others. Maybe both are OK? Thank you.
Friday, May 24, 2013 at 2:24am
1)what aspect of the government of the chartered companies would be considered democratic? a)the assignment of a gouvernment b)the right to fail or succeed c)the beaver aristocracy d)the representative body e)the monopoly on the fur trade i put d 2)which term would least apply...
Monday, May 20, 2013 at 8:27pm
What are the 5 types of congressional power and give an example or each. my teacher said something about expressed, implied, denied, legislative, and non legislative but i am kinda confused on the examples.
Monday, May 20, 2013 at 5:34pm
1. Name the five responsibilities of united state citizens? 2.System of sharing power in the government 3.Name the 6 criteria for becoming a naturalized citizen. 4.Purpose of checks and balances? Please help me!! thanks
Monday, May 20, 2013 at 4:05pm
1. The south african government is not providing enough welfare of subsidies to the poor and underpriviledged - info. 2. what are welfare payments? 3. what are the costs & consequences of providing the subsidies & welfare? 4. Are there any welfare or subsidy payments that need...
Monday, May 20, 2013 at 9:41am
1. In a/an _______ economy, the production of a wide range of manufactured products becomes more economically important than primary production and a service sector begins to develop. A. diversified B. developing C. production D. international 2. In reference to civil conflict...
Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 10:21pm
1. The purpose of American and European imperialism in the Pacific was mainly to gain. A. markets fro manufactured products B. coaling stations and naval bases C. sources of raw materials D. places for surplus population I said C. 2. The development of antiseptics during the ...
Friday, May 17, 2013 at 3:39pm
It is 1932 and you are an economic advisor to President Roosevelt. What advice would you give the president in light of the economic problems facing the country? Where will you put the money into the economy? Will you give it to large corporations, small businesses, farmers, ...
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 11:51pm
1. What major problem did the Roman Empire face in the mid to late Fourth Century? A. Weak leadership B. Immigration and invasion C. Lack of education within the empire D. Poor infrastructure 2. A staple food transplanted from Southeast Asia to the Mediterranean world as a ...
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 11:05pm
which provides evidence that political parties are not as strong as they once were? A. the increasing number of independents B. the lack of straight-ticket voting C. increased spending on campaigns D. increased numbers of registered Democrats
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 9:43pm
Advantages and Disadvantages of School Lunches Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead once said this, which means that we as Americans need to make a ...
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 12:03pm
Can you proofread my essay? The assignment was to write a problem-solution essay on a big social issue in our world. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. A quote once ...
Monday, May 13, 2013 at 3:41pm
If the government imposes a price ceiling of $100 on a market, what would happen in the market as a result of protests of price gauging by the sellers? What would happen to the price and quantity in the market?
Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 4:59pm
select the pronoun that belongs in the underlined space. 1.___ of the people in Sri Lanka are Sinhalese,2._______are Buddhist by tradition. A smaller percentage are Tamil, of Hindu background. Civil wars have torn apart the small nation,3._____is a bloody and violent history. ...
Friday, May 10, 2013 at 10:53am
Suppose the demand and supply for milk are described by the following equations: QD = 600 - 100P; QS = -150 + 150P, where P is price in dollars, Q D is quantity demanded in millions of gallons per year, and Q S is quantity supplied in millions of gallons per year 1. Use these ...
Friday, May 10, 2013 at 10:14am
10. What type of sociologist stresses a commitment to positively impacting society through sociology? Academic Applied Public Scientific 9. What are the five key social institutions that impact society? Economy, government, religion, education, and public health Education, ...
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 4:08pm