6th grade geography, France
which african nation lies to the south of Spain, across the Strait of Gibraltar? ghana. nigeria, morocco, egypt which of the following is NOT true of Spain's climate? a. due to its high elevation, the Meseta in central spain has an extremely wet climate. b. most atlantic ...
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 5:04pm
6th grade geography, France plz help ASAP
which of the following is not true about the po river valley? a. the region is the country's most productive agriculture area b. the region is the site of Italy's major cultural center c. about 2/3 of italy's factory products are made in this region. I think it is...
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 4:03pm
6th grade geography, France
climate- online content 3 distinctive climates in France, describe them. Three types of climate may be found within France: oceanic, continental, and Mediterranean. oceanic- having relatively small temperature differences between summer and winter continental- relatively dry ...
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 3:28pm
Geography- Market Areas
The GIS assumes that you will root for the team nearest you. Thus, it draws market areas based solely on the distance to the nearest baseball team. In real life, however, other factors can affect or distort the market area so that the distance is not equally divided between ...
Monday, March 26, 2012 at 6:29pm
Can someone check these for me? 1.What problem has been at the heart of the intense political struggles in Central America? Unequal distribution of usable land is the heart of the political struggle. There is a shortage of farmland in order to meet the needs of everyone. ...
Friday, March 23, 2012 at 12:36pm
we were asked to compare two countries using a chart: children and youth (age 0-19) Working adults (age 20-59) and Seniors (age 60 and older) we were then asked to identify the developed and the developing countries and make predication on the following questions: education ...
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 8:46pm
need help predicting what should be done to prepare each of our two countries for education for young people, Infant care for young mothers, Home construction for growing families, and Medical care for seniors. Age group for each: 0-19 -25.90, 20-59 -51.70 and 60 Seniors - 20....
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 8:09pm
1. What Argentine river has the same name as one of the states in the United States? The Colorado River 2. What landform is part of the northwest corner of Africa? mountains 3. What is the capital of Germany? Berlin 4. What natural boundary separates Tennessee and Arkansas? ...
Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 7:32pm
1. What hemisphere, the Northern or Southern, has the most land? The Northern 2. What gulf is located south of the intersection of 50 degrees E longitude and 30 degrees N latitude? The Persian Gulf 3. Which state capital is north of 40 degrees N latitude: Frankfort, Denver, ...
Friday, March 16, 2012 at 6:41pm
I urgently need you to check this. Thank you, Writeacher. 1) Sorry for disturbing you again. Our secretary told me she hasn't received your headmaster's email, yet. 2) Can you please send it again to the following email address.....? We'll be organizing a link to ...
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 9:02am
Imagine you are a farmer in an area that has monsoons. What would you need to do to adjust your crops or your farming techniques to account for this massive rainfall? How can you protect your crops during the dry winter months?
Monday, March 12, 2012 at 12:25am
Who could be a citizen in Ancient Rome? Who were expressly forbidden from citizenship? How did the common people live in Ancient Rome. What type of services were supplied to the common person by the government of Rome? PLease Help, I am literally begging, I would appreciate ...
Friday, March 2, 2012 at 3:40pm
Geography - Italy
My teacher gave us a reprt to do a brochure on italy such as currenices, goverment, sports, restaurants, and so far I have about 2 good website (withuout wikipedia!!!).
Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 7:06pm
1. What is the capital of the Scandinavian nation whose eastern border is the Soviet Union? Helsinki, Finland 2. Which will have dawn first, eastern North America or eastern South America? Eastern South America 3. What is the capital of Idaho? Is it east or west of 100 degrees...
Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 8:58pm
1. What country is due south of Egypt? Sudan 2. Is Phnom Penh or Hanoi the capital of Vietnam? Hanoi 3. Besides the Soviet Union, what other country borders the world's largest lake? Iran 4. What river runs west to east across the northern part of Italy? The Po River Can ...
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 9:18pm
I included a few questions and a short paragraph about a teenager talking about the internet (Do you think I should add other reasons for using the net?) 1) What does the sentence "I'm sick leaving" mean? Does it mean "I'm on scik leave?" 2) My ...
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 4:32pm
1. What European city is near the intersection of 60 degrees N latitude and 30 degrees E longitude? Saint Petersburg, Russia 2. What river is found in Northeast India? Brahmaputra River 3. Three-fourths of an inch on a map equals 500 miles. From Chicago to Cleveland is 1/2 of ...
Monday, February 13, 2012 at 5:44pm
1. Sofia is the capital of what European nation? Bulgaria 2. Find the Nile River in Africa. What two cities are located near its Delta? Cairo and Alexandria 3. What large island is found off the coast of southern Labrador? Newfoundland 4. What is the capital of the only state ...
Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 4:37pm
Explain how geography played an important role in the rise of Roman civilizations. Describe how the Roman's created a republic and conquered Italy. Explain how they built Rome from a small city into a great power simply by treating people fairly. Please help
Monday, February 6, 2012 at 11:38am
1. What large desert in Africa is almost as big as the forty- eight contiguous states in the United States? The Sahara Desert 2. The delta of what river is south of the island nation of Trinidad and Tobago? The Oronico River 3. What is the natural boundary between France and ...
Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 9:37pm
1. What gulf is north of Somalia and south of Yemen? The Gulf of Aden 2. What is the capital of Trinidad and Tobago? Port of Spain 3. What large river in Eastern Europe passes through Vienna, Austria, and Budapest, Hungary? The Danube River 4. Along what line of longitude does...
Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 8:44pm
1. What country possesses Easter Island off the coast of South America? Chile 2. What is the westernmost state in the United States? Alaska 3. What forms the natural boundary between Argentina and Uruguay? The Uruguay River 4. What is the name of the country located in the ...
Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 10:54pm
1. In what direction does the Nile River flow? The river flows North. 2.Paris,France, is southeast of the itersection of ? degree(s) longitude and ? degree(s) latitude? 0 degrees longitude and 50 degrees latitude 3. Does Mexico have more coastline on the Gulf of Mexico or on ...
Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 7:59pm
I need a website with good information about the Tipitapa River in Nicaragua. All I've been getting is that it connects Lake Managua and Lake Nicaragua.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 9:40pm
1. Is it farther to go from Venezuela to Bolivia or Venezuela to Cuba? Venezuela to Bolivia 2. What is the name of the salt lake located on the border between Israel and Jordan? The Dead Sea 3. Katmandu is the capital of which Asian nation? Nepal 4. What is the name of a well ...
Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 10:21pm
1. The mouth of the Parana River is located in Argentina. In what country can its source be found? Brazil 2. In what ocean do 20 degrees S latitude and 80 degrees E longitude intersect? The Indian Ocean 3. Land formed by soil deposited at the mouth of a river is called a? ...
Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 4:52pm
I would like your help please? The United Kingdom is currently experiencing one of the most severe financial situations for decades. Many Large scale Government development plans have been scraped. The attention of politican is turning to an ongoing project for many years ...
Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 4:14pm
Could you please check these sentences? Thank you. 1) Looking to receiving some good news from you, I take the opportunity to wish you all the best for the new year. 2) In picture A I can see a Latin American teacher explaining things to a class of students. She is probably ...
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 10:16am
geography and world Cultures
Identify three various functional factors that affect Egypt's regionalization. These are the connections based around central points. Find a functional factor that connects Egypt to Africa, to Europe, and to Southwest Asia I have been stuck on the above for about 4 days. ...
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 3:51pm
Which state capital is east of 90 degrees W longitude: Jackson, Indianapolis, St. Paul? My answer is Indianapolis. 2. Describe the Pacific Ocean's location in relation to the continents it touches. The Pacific Ocean is East of Asia and Australia and West of North America ...
Monday, January 16, 2012 at 11:02pm
Plato rejected democracy because of the executionof socrates. Why did Plato's student, Aristotle, reject democracy ? A. He felt reason should be left to politicans, not the people B. He thought it would lead to mob rule C. He distrusted a single strong all-prowerful ...
Monday, January 9, 2012 at 5:12pm
i donot understand your answer drwls actually i feel difficulty in this project.please give me a hint how i prepare this and ialso feel difficulty in making pie chart
Monday, January 9, 2012 at 8:25am
i am doing a project on economic activities for geographyplease help me by giving me information today . right now i find 15 persons for our project and asks 7 question and find out answer from those persons and also make a 2 pie chart and graphs on the answer of each ...
Monday, January 9, 2012 at 8:10am
i am doing a project on economic activities for geographyplease help me by giving me information today . right now i find 15 persons for our project and asks 7 question and find out answer from those persons and also make a 2 pie chart and graphs on the answer of each question...
Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:10am
i need the answers to Geography Essentials, Europe, And Russia And Its Neighbors and East Asia And Southeast Asia and South Asia, Northern Africa, And Southwestern Asia Sub-saharan Africa, Australia,oceania, And Antartica Latin America And North America i studied and i didnt ...
Monday, December 26, 2011 at 8:05pm
Geography (Birth Rate)
The birth rate of Canada is 10.28/1000 ...If i want to express it diferently, can I move the decimal place to the left once and say it has a birth rate of 1.03? Thanks
Monday, December 19, 2011 at 1:03pm
9th Grade Classes
I was reading my school district program of studies and I found this section in for high school coures. - English 9H - Integrated Algebra A - Earth Science - Global History and Geography I or H - French Beg. 1 - Orchestra (a days)/ Health (b days) - Studio Art I - African ...
Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 5:36pm
I am pretty sure my answers are correct, but can you double check? 1.What capital city is near 40 degrees N latitude and 83 degrees W longitude? Columbus, Ohio 2. Which area has the higher elevation, eastern or western Brazil? western Brazil 3. What natural boundary separates ...
Monday, December 12, 2011 at 10:30pm
1. What isthmus connects North and South America? The isthmus of Panama 2. What are the continents of the world arranged according to land size, largest to smallest? Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia 3. What do Kingston, Jamaica and ...
Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 10:36pm
What is the role of the Catholic church in Latin America? All the articles that I found are so confusing. I don't understand anything that I found. I just need a general idea so I can answer all my questions. thank you
Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 9:14pm
16. All of the following encouraged Greek unity except a. a common language b. a common religion c. the geography of Greece d. belief in a common ancestor 18. The first metal to be developed was probably a. bronze b. copper c. iron d. steel B 22. The Chinese believed that ...
Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at 2:13pm
What was the time of greatest population growth in the world? A. the late nineteenth century B. the mid-seventeenth century C. the early twenty-first century D. the mid-twentieth century i think its D
Monday, December 5, 2011 at 11:48am
Which of the following would NOT encourage a population to experience exponential growth? a constant birth rate b surplus of food c lack of disease d large-scale natural disaster
Monday, December 5, 2011 at 10:57am
1. In what country does 40 degrees N latitude cross 40 degrees E longitude? Turkey 2. Which city is the capital of Hungary: Bucharest, Budapest, Vienna, Prague? Budapest I am kinda unsure of number one. Can let me know if both of them are correct?
Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 4:26pm
1. Cape Agulhas is the southernmost point on what continent? Africa 2. What capital city is near 20 degrees N latitude and 100 degrees W longitude? Mexico City 3. Would you probably find a scale of 1-inch equals 1,500 miles on a map of your city, state or world? World Can you ...
Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 3:31pm
Is this correct? 1.The prime meridian passes through both the north and south pole. 2. The Tropic of Cancer is to the Tropic of Capricorn as the Arctic Circle is to the Antarctic Circle?
Monday, November 28, 2011 at 2:31pm
I posted this question the other day and someone gave me a website but I didn't have any luck with it. One of the stages of economic growth is capital intensive, where wealth is created throught the efficient use of money and industrial manufacturing occurs. What latin ...
Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 4:59pm
1. Which country is the smallest in land area in Central America? largest? El Salvador has the smallest area. Mexico has the largest area. 2. What do Finland, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Romania all have in common? The countries are all in Europe. Do you think my ...
Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 3:11pm