Number of results: 167,335
okay so i am trying to model a cubic equation to fit my curve my base curve is specifications: x value-0 to 6.19 amplitude-0.77 amplitude coordinates-3.73,0.77 x intercepts-0,0 and 6.19 , 0 this is my curve and i have to make a equation and include transformations to make this...
April 24, 2010 by Functions
I need help with these two math problems. i have been trying those for two hours. Can't find the answer. use grouping symbols to make each equation true. 1/2*2^3/2*4/8*4/2=1/2 64-5*1+4/8+5=3 *= multiplication is there any qucik way or any trick to solve these problems quickly ...
September 7, 2008 by R
can someone correct this for me... solve: -4(2x - 3) = -8x + 5 my answer: this equation has no solution because they don't equal i get 0=-7 -4(2x-3)=-8x+5 -8x+12=-8x+5 0(x)=-7 So am I correct You are right, let me explain a bit more. When you write down: -4(2x - 3) = -8x + 5 ...
January 1, 2007 by jasmine20
11. Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point)True False 12. Your body does not use energy when you sleep. (1 point)True False 13. People with anorexia nervosa eat large amounts of food and then purge. (1 point)True False 14. Your body image is the way others see your ...
November 18, 2012 by tesj
1. It is not possible to get a good workout at home. True *False 2. Most home equipment is expensive. *True False 3. A treadmill is a good choice of home equipment for a person who wants to improve their cardiovascular fitness. *True False 4. Something as simple as an exercise...
May 2, 2013 by Anonymous
Nora and Julia are both participating in a food eating tournament. They represent the number of hot dogs, h, each of them eats in t seconds in the equations shown. Use the equations to answer the question. Noras equation: t=4.8h Julia's equation: t=5.2h For each of the ...
February 7, 2016 by John Doswell
98. Solve the equation -49 = x - 50 x=1? 94. Determine if the following equation is a function: x=2 No? 92. Determine if the following equation is a function: y=5 No? 89. Solve for x in the equation: 6/7x - 6 = -2 I got x=28/3 86. Does the following set of coordinates make a ...
May 1, 2010 by y912f
Given two vectors, a and b, such that a + b = a - b, find the magnitude of b. Consider the equation a + b = a - b to be n vector notation and both a and b have components. Subtract the a vector from both sides. You are left with b = -b That can only be true if b = 0. That ...
February 18, 2007 by COFFEE
Line through (0,b) and (10,-5) is perpendicular to the line through (a,0) and (-6,-3). If all ordered pairs (a,b) which make the first sentence of this problem true are graphed, they all lie on a line. Find the equation of this line.
September 17, 2014 by Sam
Determine whether the statement is true, false, or sometimes true. Explain or show why. If x is positive and y = -x, then xy is negative. Is this always true or sometimes true?
October 24, 2009 by Anonymous
Which of the following conclusions is true about the statement below? x^2 = √x a) The statement is always true. b) The statement is true when x is negative. c) The statement is true when x=0. d) The statement is never true.
April 6, 2013 by Anonymous
Substitute numbers for the letters to make the equation true. Same letter has the same number. Different letters have different numbers. x + x + y = 20 y + a - y = 9 y + x = 13
November 24, 2015 by Rosie
True or False. A data set resulted in a regression equation of Y = 17.08 - 1.16x From the equation we can determine that the X variable is directly related to the Y variable.
September 14, 2008 by Barbara
Math - Check please!
I. -28/4 -7 *** 7 - 1/7 1/7 II. Which equation represents fifteen more than r is sixty-one? r + 61 = 15 r + 15 = 61 *** r 15 = 61 r 61 = 15 III. What is the value of 4^2 2(3 x 5 + 1)? 8 1 -16 *** -21 IV. What symbol is needed between -2 and |-3| to make a true ...
August 29, 2016 by Jamie
The table below shows two equations: Equation 1 |3x - 1| + 7 = 2 Equation 2 |2x + 1| + 4 = 3 Which statement is true about the solution to the two equations? Equation 1 and equation 2 have no solutions. Equation 1 has no solution and equation 2 has solutions x = 0, 1. The ...
October 5, 2014 by HELP PLEASE
Determine whether the statement is always true, sometimes true, or never true. 3) The length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle equals the length of one of the legs of the triangle. Answer choice: a.) always true b.) sometimes true c.)never true
April 14, 2010 by nicole
Do you or don't you want too few surveys because you won't have enough answers to support any generalizations or findings you may make? true or false? I believe that it is true because you want all the evidence you can get on the subject you surveying.
December 29, 2011 by Jazmyne
if i put a .... thats what ithink the answer is may u checkitin tell what i got wrong so i can retry to do it 11. Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point)True False .... 12. Your body does not use energy when you sleep. (1 point)True False .... 13. People with ...
November 19, 2012 by Anonymous
x+2y=3 5x+4y=8 I isolated x+2y=3 to make: x=3-2y then i began to sub in equation one with equation two: 5x+4y(3-2y)=8 5x+12-8y=8 after that i began to try to solve the equation but my answers were not correct. any help would be greatly appreciated!
September 24, 2011 by peyton
1. A combination reaction may also be a displacement reaction. True or False 2. The combustion of an element is always a combination reaction. True or False For number 1, I first thought true, but then again, nothing is being displaced in a combination reaction, right? You are...
November 19, 2014 by Jess
1. What is the distance between the points (1, 4) and (4, 8)? I said Distance = 5 2. Find the slope between (1, 4) and (4, 8) I said 4/3 3. Are the expressions (4x+4)/4 and x+1 equivalent? I said Yes 4. Simplify (x+y)2 x2 + 2xy + y2 5. Is (x y )2 = x2 y2? No. It is equal ...
February 12, 2016 by Carly
You are given two equations which are both true, and you are asked to solve for both x and y. You plan to solve this set of equations by substituting part of one equation into the other so you end up with an equation that contains only x's or only y's. The first thing you need...
October 7, 2008 by Jen
1. Write the converse of the following true conditional statement. if the converse is false, write a counterexample. If a < 10, then a < 15 a) if a > 10, the a > 15; false. Counterexample: a=12 and a<15. b) if a <15, then a<10; false. Counterexample: a=12 ...
October 13, 2015 by Tim
how do I figure ou this answer? Jess say's the square of the sum of 17 plus some number will equal his mother's age squared. If jess' mother's age squared is 2209, what number must be used to make the equation true?
October 14, 2008 by sarah
True or False. Washing your hands can help protect you from dangerous pathogens True True or False. People die from colds each year True True or False. Infectious diseases are caused by organisms or viruses that enter and multiply within the human body. True True or False. ...
March 11, 2015 by Ann
Which of the following statements is NOT true in regards to water, ethanol, and isopropanol? A. Water has the highest boiling point. B. H-O-H and C-O-H bond angles are all equal to 1095. C. Dispersion forces affect all three molecules. D. Two lone pairs of electrons are ...
January 26, 2007 by helppleez
11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1 point) True False 12. Talking to a trustworthy adult is the best way to stop sexual abuse and get help. (1 point) True False 13. Some conflicts are made worse by peer negotiation. (1 point) True False 14. Feeling negatively about...
February 6, 2013 by Someone
1. The quadratic equation -3x^2 x = 10 has two real solutions. (true or False) Justify your answer. 2. If (2x 3) (x + 5) = 8, then either 2x 3 = 8 or x + 5 = 8. (True or False) Justify your answer.
August 8, 2014 by Annika
1.) Anyone can publish information on the Internet without fact-checking it. A.) True************************ B.) False 2.) Public records are most likely to contain valid information than secondhand reports. A.) True******************************** B.) False 3.) The ...
April 19, 2014 by Cassie
MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE
1. Which of the following conclusions is true about the statement below? A. The statement is never true. B. the statement is true when x =0. C. The statement is true when x is negative. D. The statement is always true. My answer was B. 2. Solve for x in the equation x^2 - 2 x...
September 6, 2013 by Queta
could you please help me on this equation r = sx2/2t im really stuck Your non-use of parenthesis makes in difficult to know what the equation is. What are you trying to do with the equation? sorry im trying to make x the subject divide each side by s r/s= x^2 /2t multiply each...
May 13, 2007 by bex
Find the polynomials roots to each of the following problems: #1) x^2+3x+1 #2) x^2+4x+3=0 #3) -2x^2+4x-5 #3 is not an equation. Dod you omit "= 0" at the end? #2 can be factored into (x+1)(x+3) = 0, so the roots are x=-1 and -3. #1 Use the quadratic equation for the roots [-b...
May 13, 2007 by Haylee
how do i figure out this problem i have to make the equation true by inserting one or more parenthesis a. 2 * 3^2 + 4 * 3 - 1 = 47 For this a. 2 * 3^2 + 4 * 3 - 1 = 47 You need a fairly large number compared with the available numbers, so you might try grouping the 2 and 3 ...
September 27, 2006 by Eliana
Can you help with this equation? Have to solve for the indicated variable: For x: With equation y = x + 1/x - 1; in case it doesn't make sense; the x + 1 is in the numerator and the x - 1 is in the denominator. Thank you for your help. Cassandra
April 18, 2015 by Cassandra
In a mathematical equation, the coefficient is A. the numeric value of the unknown that makes an equation true. B. the term brought from one side of an equation to the other by performing the opposite operation. C. a number or quantity placed before another quantity to ...
May 14, 2009 by Anonymous
Can someone check my answers for me pls? True or False LCM of 10 and 18 is 180; False LCM of 8 and 30 is 120; True LCM of 3 and 4 is 12; True LCM of 42 and 28 is 168; True LCM of 9 and 15 is 45; True
December 5, 2008 by Jaden
math square root
Indicate which of the following are true and which are false. for those that are false, change the UPPER-CASE expression to make the statement true. *Every integer is a WHOLE number * the quotient of two non zero numbers is always a RATIONAL number * the counting numbers are ...
November 20, 2012 by alexander