Thanks Damon. And to Bob and Reiny, I was not asking for answers at all, I assumed that when someone looked at the question they would explain how to do it, not give me the answer. Considering I have all the answers in the back of my book. But thanks.
9. f(x)= x sqrt(x^2+4) on interval [-5,4] What region does it concave down? What region does it concave up? Max? Min?
8. f(x)= - 2x^3 + 45x^2 -300x +9 There are 3 intervals (-inf,A], [A,B], [B, inf) where A and B are critical points. Find A and B? For each of the intervals is it decreasing or increasing??
7. f(x)= 6x^3- 9x^2- 360x - 5 What interval is it decreasing? What 2 intervals is it increasing? What is the local max?
6. f(x)= 12x^5 + 30x^4 - 160x^3 +4 For this function there are four important intervals:(-inf, A] , [A,B] ,[B,C],[C, inf) where A ,B ,C are the critical numbers. Find A B AND C and at those points do they have a local min, max or neither??
5. f(x)= -2x^3 + 27x^2 - 108x +10 Value of x and local min? value of x and local max?
4. f(x)= 7-5x^4 What does x equal? what is the absoloute max?
f(x)= x^3/x^2-16 defined on the interval [-19,16]. Enter points, such as inflection points in ascending order, i.e. smallest x values first. Enter intervals in ascending order also. What are F(x) TWO vertical asympototes? F(x)is concave up on the region ______ to ________ and ...
3/4 solve for y move -4y to the other side: 4y=3x-16 Divide everything by 4: y=3/4x-4
nevermind i got it! thanks!