In the game of roulette a ball rolls into one of 37 slots. All the slots are evenly likely. Eighteen of the slots are red, eighteen are white and 1 is green. the ball is rolled 10 times. Calculate the probability of exactly 6 reds? the answer is 0.l94
September 24, 2013
Math (Please Help)
3. A hot air balloon is at a height of 2,250 feet. It descends 150 feet each minute. Find it's height after six, eight, and ten minutes. Make a table to show the pattern of heights. Write an expression for the balloon's height at "m" minutes. This one just ...
September 18, 2013
1. So I assume it's adding 1.5 + 1.75 n, right? For the first taxi can service? Then, the NEXT one charges 1.9 + 1.6 n, correct? So far, all I have is that. I don't know what to multiply it by, because it says "between 1 and 10 miles." Would it ...
September 18, 2013
1. The cost in dollars of an "n" mile trip with the Supreme Taxi Service is given by 1.5 + 1.75n. The cost of an "n" mile trip using Town Taxi Service is given by 1.9 + 1.6n. For rides between 1 and 10 miles, which service would you choose? Explain. 2. ...
September 18, 2013
1. The cost in dollars of an "n" mile trip with the Supreme Taxi Service is given by 1.5 + 1.75n. The cost of an "n" mile trip using Twon Taxi Service is given by 1.9 + 1.6n. For rides between 1 and 10 miles, which service would you choose? Explain. 2. ...
September 17, 2013
A farmer wishes to enclose a long rectangular pin that will then be divided into four separated, adjacent pins (all 4 pins are in a row) for different breeds of farm animals. He has 1100 feet of fencing available for use. What should the dimensions of the pin be so that he is ...
December 1, 2011
How many slices of pizza must you eat to walk for 1.0 h at a speed of 5.0 km/h? (Assume your mass is 68 kg). Our book provides: -One slice of pizza's energy content is 300 cal, or 1260 KJ. -To walk at 5 km/h= 380 W of a 68 kg individual. Thanks!!!
April 14, 2011
Assume that it is necessary to determine the [Fe3+] in a solution that may be in the .0001 to .0005 M range. Outline a spectrophotometric method that would accurately give the required data?
March 10, 2011
The heating value of a Gas is 39MJm-3 a) If 4.5m-3 of the gas is burned how much energy is released? b) If the gas is burned in 5 minutes what is the power? c) If the burning occurs in an engine that converts the energy to forward motion and the engine is 20% efficient in ...
July 22, 2010
An industrial worker accidentally inhaled a radioisotope with an activity of 0.200 kBq. The substance swallowed has a very long effective half-life and therefore the activity will not change significantly during the workerâs lifetime. Every decay of the ...
May 16, 2010
If a 5.40g bullet is fired horizontally into a suspended(hanging)10kg block of wood and causes the block, with bullet embedded, to move off with horizontal velocity of 0.30m/s, What is the impact velocity of the bullet?
April 15, 2010
A 1000kg car is traveling along a level road at 20.00ms, when the brakes are applied long enough to do 50000 J of work. 1) what is the initial kinetic energy of the car? 2) if the car moved 100m while the brakes where applied, what was the average force exerted on the brakes.
April 13, 2010
(1) Which of the following clusters of orbitals would form the shape trigonal bipyramidal and would also be possible within the valence shell of an atom? a.) one d orbital b.) five d orbitals c.) five sp^3 orbitals d.) five sp^3d orbitals e.) five sp^3d^2 orbitals f.) two sp ...
April 1, 2010
Hi Guys! Need help with this physics problem, I have no idea how to set it up or how to visualize it but would appreciate any help. Instructions for finding a buried treasure include the following: Go 80 paces at 235°, turn to 130° and walk 115 paces, then travel 100 ...
October 19, 2008
TRUE or FALSE? 1) A cell whose membrane potential is zero is in an ISOTONIC environment 2) Gases enter a cell FASTER than liquids at a given temperature 3) When a plasma membrane has a pressure of zero, passive transport STOPS
November 27, 2007
when did the surgeon general issue the first report indictating that secondhand smoke is dangerous to nonsmokers http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/history/biokoop.htm See if this helps any. I see the date of 1964 as the beginning of the Public Health Service warning ...
November 22, 2006