13. One who is intrepid [A. is brave and fearless.] B. is reckless and foolhardy. C. practices self-honesty. D. doesn't stumble and fall.
9. A person described as perspicacious is [A. smart and perceptive.] B. inclined to be optimistic. C. inclined to be pessimistic. D. foolishly persistent.
i think it is b poised
4. Someone who is urbane is A. tireless. B. poised. C. witty. [D. friendly.]
19. The treatment based on the theory of pressure on blood vessels and nerves is A. osteomyelitis. B. chiropody. [C. osteopathy.] D. psychotherapy.
18. Which of the following sentences is grammatically correct? A. That field belongs to my wife and I. B. My brother Billy and me went to the movies. [C. Jerry handed the instructions to the boys and me.] D. Mother gave Jeff and I second helpings.
find an equation of the line tangent to the equation at the given point. f(x)=5x^2 at x=10
3r/4=1/3 what is r please explain
Mary needs to row her boat across a 100m wide river that is flowing to the east at a speed of 1.0m/s. Mary can row with a speed of .0m/s a) If mary points her boat due north, how dar from her intended landing spot will she be when she reaches the opposite shore? B) What is her...
Tom has somee cubes that are two proudest cm on each side. How many of them will fit into a box that is a cube with each side four cm long?