7. In the development of the Roman Empire, the Romans treated citizenship as A. a benefit worthy only of peoples who had freely joined them. [B. belonging only to native Romans.] C. meaningless because the Roman Empire was tyrannical. D. something to be shared with conquered p...
6. After its conquest by Alexander the Great, the government of the Persian Empire A. was transformed into a democratic monarchy. B. became a democracy. C. was ruled by a traditional Macedonian monarchy. [D. was maintained more or less intact.]
5. What religion, which had potentially universal appeal, was created by Gautama Siddhartha in India? [A. Buddhism] B. Hinduism C. Zoroastrianism D. Jainism
3. What geographic feature at times made life difficult for the Moche of South America? A. Mountains [B. Desert] C. Lack of access to the sea D. Unpredictable rivers
2. In forming his government, Asoka recruited what group to serve as bureaucrats? A. Traditional Brahman elites [B. The Buddhist clergy] C. The military elite D. The rising merchant class
1. Which of the following were major items of trade in the West African states of Ghana and Gao? A. Bananas and copper B. Cacao beans and slaves [C. Gold and salt] D. Coffee and sugar
Thomas alva edison
6. During division in cellular reproduction, the DNA and cytoplasm of the parent cell is distributed to two A. chromosomes. B. clones. C. simplified cells. [D. daughter cells.]
When the price of X is $1 and the price of Y is $1 and income is I, Joe Panther spends $100 on good X. One day Joe is walking down Downer street and is dismayed to discover that the price of good X has increased to $2. However, moments later Joe is delighted to find a $100 bil...
The metabolic oxidation of glucose, C6H12O6, in our bodies produces CO2, which is expelled from our lungs as a gas. C6H12O6(aq) + 6 O2(g) → 6 CO2(g) + 6 H2O(l) Calculate the volume of dry CO2 produced at body temperature (37°C) and 0.980 atm when 25.5 g of glucose is...