9. a fish is 5.0 ft below the surface of a still pond. At what angle to the vertical must the fish look if it is to see a fisherman sleeping on the shore of the pond?
8. a light beam enters a piece of window glass (n=1.47) at an incidence angle of 59. Find the angle it makes to the normal as it exists from the other side of the flat window glass. What general rule can you conclude?
7. A drop of oil is placed on a glass block. The glass has an index of refraction of 1.55. When light shines from the glass into the droplet, total internal reflection occurs at a critical angle of 59.0(degrees).find the index of refraction of oil.(this method is capable of hi...
5. A beam of light travels from benzene to water. If the angle of incidence in the benzene is 48, what will be the angle of refraction in the water?
2. The speed of light in a certain plastic is 1.88*10^8 m/s. what is the index of refraction of plastic?
3. a beam of light enters water from air.(a) if its angle of incidence is 70,what is the angle of refraction ?(b) at what angle must it enter the water if its angle of refraction is to be 20?
4. A beam of light in water enters a plastic block (index of refraction=1.40(a) if the angle of incidence is 40, what is the angle of refraction in the plastic?(b) at what angle must the beam be incident on the plastic if the refraction angle is to be 30?
If a person can jump a maximum horizontal distance (by using a 45° projection angle) of 2.35 m on Earth, what would be his maximum range on the Moon, where the free-fall acceleration is g/6 and g = 9.80 m/s2? b) (b) Repeat for Mars, where the acceleration due to gravity is...
What effect, if any, would you expect a massive forest fire to have on the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere? Explain your answer, please?
How do you simplify square roots? Like how can you get sqrt28 to be 2sqrt7?
magnitude : square root of ( (-2)^2 + 5^2 ) = (4 + 25) = sqrt 29 = 5.38516 angle = 180 + tan^-1(5/-2) = 179.9 = 180 degrees.
What is the linear speed of a point: a) on the equator, b) on the Arctic Circle (latitude 66.5 degrees N), c) at a latitude of 45.0 degrees N, due to the Earth's rotation? a relevant equation is v=rw, but I'm not sure how to apply it to the equation
1950's- Fighting in Korea ends. Red scare and McCarthyism begins. Alaska and Hawaii become U.S. states. 1960's- Vietnam war. Civil rights acts. President Kennedy, and MLK are assassinated. Men land on the moon. 1970's- Nixon resigns. Iran hostage crisis. U.S. invad...
just do it! its rllly easy :D
What will happen if you put a tea bag in cold water?