how many liters of oxygen are necessary for the combustion of 340 g of ethanol (c2h5OH) assuming the raction occurs at STP? no idea how to work this out
what is the boiling point of a solution of .01 mole of glucose(C6H22o6) in 200 g of water. kb=0.512C/m.
I need to calculate the redox potential for the following: 1/2 O2 + 2H+ + 2e- <-> H2O I'm using the formula E = E'_0 + RT\nF ln ([electron acceptor]/[electron donor]) The electron acceptor is H+, so I can use the concentration of that which is indicated by the pH...
The biomass formula for a yeast is CH1.66 00.269 N0.194. The formula accounts for 92% of dry mass; the other 8% is inorganic material (ash). When grown on C6H14, the yield on biomass is 1.4 gcell/gsubstrate. What is the respiratory quotient (mole CO2 produce/mole O2 consumed)?...
tom the cat is chasing jerry the mouse across the table surface at 1.5 m high, jerry steps out of the way and tom slides off the table at 5m/s. Where will tom hit the floof and what are the velocity components just before impact
find the definite integral that is equivalent to lim n->infinity of sum over i=(1,n) n/(n^2+i^2) since definite integral of f(x) dx over (a,b) = lim n->infinity sum over i=(1,n) f(a + (b-a)i/n) * (b-a)/n then: f(a + (b-a)i/n) * (b-a)/n = n/(n^2+i^2) rearrange to: so f(a ...
Draw Lewis Structure for BrO3^- The textbook answer involves a central Br atom with one lone electron pair and five shared pairs (two double bonds and one single bonds). This gives Br twelve electrons rather than the typical eight. I understand that some atoms like Br have exp...
nevermind, I got it. The trick was using trigonometric reduction formulas.
Integrate sqrt(x^2 + 1) dx over [0,2*pi] I can substitute u=arctan x to get: Integrate (sec u)^3 du over [0,arctan(2*pi)] From there, I'm stuck. (thanks Count Iblis for your last help)
"Leave the answer as a definite integral, but indicate how it could by evaluated by using the fundamental theorem of calculus." I solved the problem to a definite integral. Proceeding via the fundamental theorem, would involve finding the indefinite integral (or anti...
For Further Reading