Total # Posts: 157
You have $75 to spend on refreshments for a party. Large bags of chips cost $2.50 and sodas cost $0.50. You need to buy exactly five times as many sodas as bags of chips. How many bags of chips and how many sodas can you buy?
November 10, 2016
The ages of the Oscar-winners for best actor and actress for the years 1970 through 1990 are given below: Women: 34,34,26,37,42,41,35,31,41,33,30,74,33,49,38,61,21,41,26,80,72 Men: 43,40,48,48,56,38,60,32,40,42,37,76,39,55,45,35,61,33,51,32,42 Use what you have learned in this...
November 1, 2016
A. True B. The satellite with the greater mass is being pulled toward Earth with a greater force than the other satellite. D. The satellite closer to Earth will be pulled towards Earth with more gravitational pull than the other satellite. C. Resistor. A. Generator. C. It will...
October 31, 2016
The volume of a gas increases from 18.7 m3 to 25.1 m3 while the pressure changes from 1.82 atm to 1.41 atm. If the initial temperature is 353 K, the final temperature of the gas is K.
September 19, 2016
A paradox is a literary device often used to ? A. emphasize or make readers think about important ideas. B. provide hints or clues about events that occur later in a story. C. explain a characters reason for doing or saying something. D. help readers draw a conclusion ...
November 6, 2015
English someone please help!!!!!!!
Cross out any prepositional phrases. Underline subject once and the verb or verb phrase twice. 1.) The children may not play outside the house during a storm. Verb: may, play Subject: children Phrase: outside the house during the storm 2.) You must not drive through the tunnel...
November 5, 2015
An airplane is flying horizontally at a velocity of 50.0 m/s at an altitude of 125 m. It drops a package to observers on the ground below. Approximately how far will the package travel in the horizontal direction from the point that it was dropped
April 9, 2015
Alberto's New Neighbors Alberto took one look at his new neighbours and knew that his life was going to get more difficult. He watched them arrive in their big, noisy car and watched them get out. There they were, two of them, as big and as noisy as their car, and smelly1...
March 4, 2015
us history/thomas jefferson,franklin and washingto
According to thomas jefferson when and why would george washington and benjamin franklin speak selectively?
October 21, 2014
The answer is 3. Use your graphing calculator, enter the equation in the y=, press graph, when the line hits the x-intercept, that's your answer. It's practically at 3, so the answer is 3. ^^
October 7, 2014
Evan is making a table that will be created in the shape of the figure below. The table top is a triangle attached to a rectangle. To purchase the right amount of paint, he needs to know the area of the table top. He can only spend $10 on paint, which is enough to cover 150 ...
June 17, 2014
The chief information officer recommends that a new computer and software costing $100,000 be purchased and installed because it will decrease administrative costs by $4 per hour and management allocation by $2 per hour, resulting in a 10 percent increase in profits. Will this...
March 21, 2014
Once they arrived in the United States, immigrants experienced a life very different from what they imagined. Which was not something that was most immediately part of their experience?
January 11, 2014
Hello, I have a question. How does colour affect a mealworm's respiration? Do mealworms breathe more slowly when sleeping? Do mealworms stop breathing for a bit, then breathe again? Thank you, and just tell me what you know. If you only know the answer to one of these, ...
November 16, 2013
There was a question: A gallon jug of milk is 3/4 full. After breakfast, you drink 1/12 of the milk. What fraction is the gallon is left? And here was my answer: 1/12 drank --> 11/12 left 3/4*11/12=11/16 But I got the question wrong. Did I get it wrong? I got it correct, ...
October 28, 2013
I maybe wrong, but according to what I have read, the box was set out to the ocean and washed up on a small island. On another version, it says that the got washed up on the island of Serifos. Hope this helps!
October 27, 2013
Math grade 3
Hi Nawaf, I think I got this: 2) there are 387 Dvds and 154 Dvds are on loan. So that means 387 minus 154 will be the amount still left. so lets do it. 387 -154 ----- 233 But we have to put it to the nearest hundred. So 233--->200 200 are left, to the nearest hundred 3) For...
October 26, 2013
(1) One day, Lucy and Tom had a picnic. (2) Lucy spread a tablecloth in the grass beside the millpond it was a pretty day for a picnic. (3) All went well until Lucy discovered that ants had invaded the lemonade. (4) They had also overrun the potato salad. Which number marks a...
September 3, 2013
From a business perspective, which of the following attributes is considered vital to a medical facilitys success? A. Professional and courteous vendor service. B. Computerized data management. C. Good customer service. D. Lack of conflict among employees.
July 25, 2013
A. establish policies and procedures that allow access to electronic, secure data on a need-to-know basis. B. perform background checks on employees that may handle electronic, secure data. C. designate a liaison between HIPAA officials and the organizations. D. retain the ...
July 25, 2013
How does a text box differ from a document within word 2007? A. a text box treats text as an image and has diffrent formatting B.a text box displays text that is read only once it is saved C. a text box has a file name ending with .tbx D. a text box is a floating object ...
May 22, 2013
You have inserted an image within a paragraph of text in a word 2007 document. You want the edges of the image to fade into the document. How do you accomplish this? A.select image and slide the fade controller B. format the image and check the soft edge picture style C.select...
May 15, 2013
(1) Brenda would have liked to have taken her vacation at the beach. (2) However, the weather forecast on the television called for rain. (3) Also, her fiancé, Max, wanted to vacation in the mountains. (4) After a heated discussion, Brenda and Max decided to compromise...
May 14, 2013
9. In which sentence is the word but used as a preposition? A. We would like to visit the Grand Canyon, but our vacation time is up. B. John liked baseball but not football. C. Children should be seen but not heard. D. None but the brave shall enter in. I think its D but I ...
May 14, 2013
13. Which statement is true about this sentence: "Few Americans speak fluent French"? A. There is only one adjective in the sentence, and it modifies French. B. The one adjective in the sentence modifies the subject. C. There are adjectives modifying both the ...
May 9, 2013
15. Which of the following sentences contains a verb in the simple past tense? A. Jenna has driven this route multiple times. B. I was working overtime for about six months. C. We helped Joan to pack her things. D. She would like to join us. I THINK ITS C
May 8, 2013
12. Which of the following lists demonstrates various tenses of an irregular verb? A. I call, I called, I will call B. I walk, I walked, I will walk C. I try, I tried, I will try D. I go, I went, I will go
May 8, 2013
7. In which of the following sentences is the underlined verb in the future perfect tense? A. They will take the dog to the park with them. B. She really should begin to pack. C. Jean's daughter has begun to drive. D. By that time, he will have been gone for three days. I...
May 7, 2013
6. The most common rule for forming plural nouns is A. adding -es to the word. B. changing the y to i and adding -es. C. dropping the last letter and adding -ies. D. adding -s to the word.
May 7, 2013
6. Which of the following sentences contains correct usage of its/it's? A. Its only a game. B. Let's go out on Friday; it's my birthday! C. The dog chased it's tail until it got dizzy. D. My grandmother always said, "Its not if you win or lose, but how ...
May 6, 2013
5. Which one of the following sentences contains an unnecessary colon? A. Here's the question on all of our minds: Will our team be able to defeat their arch rivals tonight? B. My store list included: milk, soup, chicken, and ice cream. C. She wants one thing: a new job. ...
May 6, 2013
Which one of the following sentences contains a predicate adjective? A. I brought my lunch for the first time this year. B. We scanned the distant shore for signs of life. C. What does this hard lesson teach you? D. The teacher appeared angry when Dave forgot his homework. I ...
May 3, 2013
Robin is making a mobile to hang over her baby sister's crib. She purchased four stuffed animals: a teddy bear (16 g), a lamb (18 g), a little pony (22 g) and a bird (15 g). She also purchased three small wooden dowels, each 14 cm long and of mass 7 g, and thread of ...
April 24, 2013
A 2.00-m-long diving board of mass 12.0 kg is 3.00 m above the water. It has two attachments holding it in place. One is located at the very back end of the board, and the other is 25.0 cm away from that end. 1-Assuming that the board has uniform density, find the forces ...
April 24, 2013
as a automobile assembly worker at a GM plant in Ohio, in t e current economic situation, will new manufacturing methods such as industrial robotics increase or decrease job security? what can GM and the UAW do independent of gov action to enhance job security?
April 3, 2013
Potassium, a silvery metal, reacts with bromine, a corrosive, reddish liquid, to yield potassium bromide, a white solid. Write the balanced equation, and identify the oxidizing and reducing agents.
March 24, 2013
You've just received an order of silk flower arrangements from your wholesaler. You paid $20.00 for them. Your store uses a 10% markup rate. What is the selling price of the ilk flower arrangements?
October 7, 2012
Suppose it is known that the average score of all high school seniors taking a national test of basic skills is 420. These scores are normally distributed with a standard deviation of 80. A school gives the test to a sample of 144 seniors. Identify the following ...
October 2, 2012
According to a Harris Interactive poll conducted in 2009, 20% of American adults smoke. In a random sample of 500 American adults, what is the probability that no more than 100 smoke?
July 28, 2012
A major-league pitcher can throw a baseball in excess of 48.3 m/s. If a ball is thrown horizontally at this speed, how much will it drop by the time it reaches the catcher who is 15.3 m away from the point of release?
April 12, 2012
Block A (mass = 3 kg), moving at 10 meters per second, collides with stationary Block B (mass = 5 kg). If the collision is inelastic, what will be the final speed of the connected blocks?
March 16, 2012
Select a city, town, or municipality and examine trends in criminal activity over the last 3 years. Analyze reported crime statistics for major/minor offense categories such as murder, robbery, rape, and create a table of the results. What are the overall patterns ...
February 16, 2012