Total # Posts: 227
Gr.11 - Rational functions graphing.
1. Identify a rational function whose graph is a horizontal line except for two holes. Graph the function. 2. Identify a rational function who graph lies entirely above the x-axis and has a single vertical asymptote. Graph the function. 3. Identify a rational function who ...
October 6, 2008
Math- Rational Functions
1. Some rational functions have asymptotes, others have holes, and some have both. Explain how you can identify, without graphing, which graphical features a rational function will have. Can someone explain this thoroughly ? I don't understand. thanks in advance.
October 5, 2008
All of the following are regulatory commissions dealing with industrial regulation (as distinct from social regulation) except the: A. Food and Drug Administration. B. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. C. Federal Communications Commission. D. 50 state public utility ...
June 6, 2008
Biology - Multiple Choice
1) The net gain of ATP after glycolysis is .. A) two B) four C) 34 D) 36 2) During photosynthesis water .. A) is made B) breaks down C) is not necessary 3) The gas produced as a result of ethyl alcohol fermentation is .. A) CO2 B) CO C) O2 D) H2O(g)
December 27, 2007
biochemistry: Protein Synthesis
1. Assume that a particular microorganism has 50 distinct t-rna molecules, and that it has 100 copies of each type of t-rna. Further assume that average number of nucleotides in each t-rna is 80. What is the energy cost, expressed as number of phosphoric anhydride bonds ...
October 23, 2007
How did O'Donnell show that the sliding clamp complex actually slides along dsDNA providing processivity to DNA Pol III? I think he took dna, a primer, and one radioactive dNTPs, added Pol III that was isolated, ran a gel, and the conclusion was that it was processive ...
September 26, 2007
Acid base Chenistry Homework help!? Histidine was electrophoresed in polyacrylamide at pH 6.0 with alanine (pI=6.0) and arginine (pka's 2.2, 9.0, and 12.5). At the end of the experiment, arginine had migrated toward the cathode 6.0 cm, alanine was still at the origin, and ...
September 23, 2007
case 1. Find the absolute maxima and minina values of f(x)=sin2x+cos2x on [0, pie] Specify both the x and y coordinateof the absolute maximum and absolute minimum. Gives answers in exact form. case 2. Use the second derivative test for relative maxima nd minima to find the ...
June 24, 2007
1. What factor controls the amount of humus you find in an area? For this question i think the factor is precipitation. Is that correct? 2. Why do vegetation change with increasing elevation? please help. thanks in advance. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%...
May 22, 2007
Without a doubt, cramming for the test. This is not a complete sentence. The phrase "cramming for the test" is either a gerund or praticipial phrase, but there's no subject or verb here. When you decide how you'll make this into a complete sentence, please ...
May 12, 2007
Can someone explain this to me. Determine if each conclusion is valid or invalid for the given statements. a. Some expensive books are mystery books. All mystery books are interesting. Conclusion: Some interesting books are expensive. Valid or invalid. b. Some teachers are ...
April 18, 2007
1. Why are we using more dilute cultures for the killing curve while we are using the arg selection culture at full strength? 2.How would you find the arg+ mutants on the killing curve plates? 3. when designing a protocol to produce auxotrophs for biochemical pathways, how ...
March 31, 2007
Help! Help! Organic Chemistry
Alcohol Dehydration of 4-methyl-2-pentanol (a)based on the mechanism of the reaction, explain why (E) and (Z) 4-methyl-2-pentenes and the 2-methyl-2-pentene are the three major alkene products. (b)Explain why the reaction conditions promote carbocation rearrangements between ...
February 14, 2007
a bathroom cleaner contains 1 part of bleach with 4 parts of water. if you need 10 parts of bathroom cleaner, how much water and bleach do you need? If 1 part bleach and 4 parts water = 5 parts, then what do you need to do to get 10 parts? Although this does not solve the ...
February 2, 2007
Under what circumstances, if any, will a converging lens form an inverted image of a real object? Under what circumstances, if any, will a diverging lens forms an erect image of a real object?
January 30, 2007
What are the equivalents of 0 K, 0°C , and 0° F in the other temperature scales? Use the formulae below to calculate the scale you want. K = 273.16 + C F = 9/5*(C) + 32 C = (F-32)*5/9
January 9, 2007
We are studying energy my questions What happens to the momentum of a car when it comes to a stop? The momentum is transfered to the Earth. Momentum is always conserved. What happens to the momentum of a car when it comes to a stop?
January 9, 2007